Chris Petten

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
Facts
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:37 pm

What is ian thinking keeping this guy in the lineup? he wouldnt score on a soccer net i dont know how many times thomey and ryan delaney set him up saturday night and still couldnt score for him to still be on this team is something eslo to cut the likes of Brent Lynch,Manny Smith,David Duffett,Doug Hardiman etc all of them are 10 times better then PETTEN.

Carbonear Canadiens

Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:46 pm

Facts wrote:What is ian thinking keeping this guy in the lineup? he wouldnt score on a soccer net i dont know how many times thomey and ryan delaney set him up saturday night and still couldnt score for him to still be on this team is something eslo to cut the likes of Brent Lynch,Manny Smith,David Duffett,Doug Hardiman etc all of them are 10 times better then PETTEN.
At this point in time it appears most of the bys wouldn't score on a soccer net, not just Petten. Combined they've got 18 goals so far, MP has 26. Even NE has 18 goals. Give Petten a break, he's not a 1st liner but he was thrown in with Thomey and Delaney anyways. He rang it off the post once, which is more than most of the team has been doing as of late.
Follow me on Twitter: @CCanadiens

hockey123

Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:51 pm

When you think the likes of Gamberg, Petten,Snow, Jackman, in the line up and Crosbie,Brown,Parsons Healthy scratches i agree what is he thinking, there must be something else going on behind the scenes or maybe someone else is calling the Shots. That selfish 5 minute major that Gamberg took and deserved could have cost them that game it was 2-0 at that point.

CeebeeFan18

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:52 pm

I don't know what is wrong with some people.... crosbie was out of town for the weekend. Brown and parsons both got banged up in friday nights game and were given the night off. Unreal how some people post here with based on assumptions. Keep up the good work petten, don't mind the crazies on this site!

seein stars

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:25 pm

Facts wrote:What is ian thinking keeping this guy in the lineup? he wouldnt score on a soccer net i dont know how many times thomey and ryan delaney set him up saturday night and still couldnt score for him to still be on this team is something eslo to cut the likes of Brent Lynch,Manny Smith,David Duffett,Doug Hardiman etc all of them are 10 times better then PETTEN.
Can't say that I agree with alot of the stuff you say facts, but i have to agree with you on this one.
A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” –Wayne Gretzky

hockey123

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:00 pm

CeebeeFan18 wrote:I don't know what is wrong with some people.... crosbie was out of town for the weekend. Brown and parsons both got banged up in friday nights game and were given the night off. Unreal how some people post here with based on assumptions. Keep up the good work petten, don't mind the crazies on this site!
Ceebeefan18 if crosbie was out of town this weekend he only went because he was a Healthy Scratch and that is a FACT.

AESHL

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:33 pm

You guys have to realize that if they want to take the best team come January they will have to give guys a chance. DOing so people will be in and out of the lineup every weekend.

They were all made aware of this right from the start.

T-Bird

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:10 pm

AESHL wrote:You guys have to realize that if they want to take the best team come January they will have to give guys a chance. DOing so people will be in and out of the lineup every weekend.

They were all made aware of this right from the start.
You must be dreaming. The guys that are in and out of the line up right now has nothing to do with them getting the best team put together. If Bartlett/Crosbie/Brown just to name a few wanted to play 6 games and wait for the playoffs they will be starting come playoff time. Alot of players with the Cee Bee's will see ice time now and come playoff time they won't get a sniff.
You can take that to the Bank.

herder head

Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Petten hasn't played competitive hockey in a few years, the speed of the over 19 league can't compare to senior hockey. He was one of the top players in junior. When he gets a half dozen games or so under his belt and gets used to the faster pace he'll be fine. He has the tools, he just needs to be given a chance.

the answer

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:53 am

herder head is exactly right. give petten time to get his legs back. regardless of who he is playing with he will fit in. he is big, strong, can score and what most ppl dont know is very willing to drop his mits.

• Information