BREAK OUT THE BROOMS

Herder Memorial Championship - Newfoundland Senior Hockey Championship for the Senior "A" leagues.
herder head

Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:55 pm

Besides Theriault and Lapointe, who are the imports for the Cats?

catsfan4

Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:57 pm

Matt Quinn #24 and Tyler Whitehead #27

herder head

Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:33 pm

I figured Earle might be from away, he's a great player. Where's he from? Did he play in NL last year?

Slapshot
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:47 pm

JOHNNYHAB wrote:7 straight Herder appearances is the same as the Habs making it to the Finals in a league full of Toronto Maple Leafs teams. NO COMPETITION. Like has been said before if the CeeBees played in a real leaguea.k.a WCSHL they woul be lucky to make the playoffs.
You really need to get over your bitterness. I think the two games this weekend totally disproves your statement since the CeeBees played the best team from the WCSHL and were only beaten by one goal in both games with one win in double overtime. Play a seven games series with CeeBees playing at SW Moores and the outcome would be different.

I don't know how much hockey you have seen from the AESHL but there have been some great 7 games series between the CeeBees and the SS Breakers in the past 3 or 4 years. In fact the series between the CeeBees and Deer Lake were far more exciting than the games we watched this weekend. The two games this weekend lacked intensity.

catsfan4

Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:16 pm

herder head wrote:I figured Earle might be from away, he's a great player. Where's he from? Did he play in NL last year?
From the Goulds cousin of Rodi Short former cats player recommended him to the team.. He played in Maritime Junior A League for Summerside last year

giggidy

Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Slapshot wrote:
JOHNNYHAB wrote:7 straight Herder appearances is the same as the Habs making it to the Finals in a league full of Toronto Maple Leafs teams. NO COMPETITION. Like has been said before if the CeeBees played in a real leaguea.k.a WCSHL they woul be lucky to make the playoffs.
You really need to get over your bitterness. I think the two games this weekend totally disproves your statement since the CeeBees played the best team from the WCSHL and were only beaten by one goal in both games with one win in double overtime. Play a seven games series with CeeBees playing at SW Moores and the outcome would be different.

I don't know how much hockey you have seen from the AESHL but there have been some great 7 games series between the CeeBees and the SS Breakers in the past 3 or 4 years. In fact the series between the CeeBees and Deer Lake were far more exciting than the games we watched this weekend. The two games this weekend lacked intensity.
I thought Sunday's game had great intensity. it's just that the Mile One full of townies who don't care about either team sucked the life out of the stands. Thank goodness for the Cats fans or I might have well gone to churchI

JOHNNYHAB

Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:48 am

Slapshot wrote:

A loss is a loss whether it is 5-4 or 10-4. The stats after the Herder will never show well the Ceebees lost 4-0 but they only lost by 4 goals.

gallerygod

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:10 pm

to johnnyhab....just like the 1968 stanley cup final..montreal beats st.louis in four straight games. two of the four went into overtime...bottom line..for the record..montreal wins cup four games to none.

nuts4hockey

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:29 pm

How does the saying go???......something about counting those hatched chickens???

Mount Pearl thought they had the series wrapped up when they were up two games as well. It takes 4 games to win the series so I just wouldn't get those brooms out just yet!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

rick

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:24 pm

and its not cats fans that are saying this.. all cats fans know the difference...........

• Information