Cam Fergus top scorer again !

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
evanpenton
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:59 pm

I guess with the announcement of the game cancellations Cam Fergus will once again be awarded top scorer of the league !

What a treat to watch
GO CATS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

superfan

Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:06 pm

evanpenton wrote:I guess with the announcement of the game cancellations Cam Fergus will once again be awarded top scorer of the league !

What a treat to watch

Great Post Evan , I am going out in the driveway now , to do a few steps .

thelionsden

Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:35 am

I believe they are using the first two games of the playoffs as the make up games when it come to any statistical awards for the 2015-2016 season. So the top scorer would still be up for grabs. I don't think the top goaltender award will change.

This is a fair way of doing things in my opinion...give everyone the proper 24 game schedule to finish out the season.... I know Cam missed 3 games..but that was due to injuries...those can't be helped...but canceling games is a different kettle of fish.

Looking forward to seeing some intense hockey this weekend....both teams will be wanting to get ahead in the series and both teams want to stop there recent losing streaks.

Go Cats Go.

rusty

Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:29 pm

thelionsden wrote:I believe they are using the first two games of the playoffs as the make up games when it come to any statistical awards for the 2015-2016 season. So the top scorer would still be up for grabs. I don't think the top goaltender award will change.

This is a fair way of doing things in my opinion...give everyone the proper 24 game schedule to finish out the season.... I know Cam missed 3 games..but that was due to injuries...those can't be helped...but canceling games is a different kettle of fish.

Looking forward to seeing some intense hockey this weekend....both teams will be wanting to get ahead in the series and both teams want to stop there recent losing streaks.

Go Cats Go.
That is what i am hearing also, because they are playing the same teams again this week.

Seniorfan

Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:50 pm

Name another league that has ever used playoff games to determine its regular season scoring leader or any other regular season stats. Bet you can't. This league is so arbitrary in how it conducts its business. It's as culpable as HNL. It's like the other teams are asking "How far fan we push GFW?" "Thank you Sir. May I please have another" Cataracts.

thelionsden

Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:47 pm

I Said I "believe"....i'm am no longer in the no as much as I was.... I know it was talked about...I personally never had an issue with it either way....looking forward to a good playoff series with Gander.

Stadium Fries

Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:54 pm

Seniorfan wrote:Name another league that has ever used playoff games to determine its regular season scoring leader or any other regular season stats. Bet you can't. This league is so arbitrary in how it conducts its business. It's as culpable as HNL. It's like the other teams are asking "How far fan we push GFW?" "Thank you Sir. May I please have another" Cataracts.
If this happens it is only to appease the Royals, they were more concerned last weekend with the scoring title than the safety of their players. The games should have been cancelled on Friday before putting the buses on the highway Saturday.

canonball

Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:59 pm

The only ones that this is against is the Bous , because they did have a chance to take over second place if the games were played (slim but anything can happen ).. Now saying that it really don`t matter I think because if you are suppose to be the better team home ice should not matter .. As for individual awards they done the right thing if they are not playing the games .. I think that some players got a break anyway because some of them were not in for last weekend games .

Time to stop the crying and try and enjoy the games , make no wonder there is poor fan support sure if someone new came on here and seen the bitching and complaining that you guys are making sure that would turn them away from going to the games .. You would turn a horse away from his oats

evanpenton

Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:05 pm

I have to say i agree with stadium fries. IF this were to happen it would be only in the hopes that the royals land the top scorer. League doesnt look to have much parity if the cats win top scorer, top defenseman and top goalie.

I agree that it takes away from the level of professionalism a bit.
GO CATS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

canonball

Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:08 pm

Tell me was Fergus in last weekend ... Also I think that the games should have been played

• Information