Clarenville Ford Caribous WILL Hit the Ice!!!

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:53 pm

canonball wrote:123 are the ice caps going to play next year ? Hard to get excited about a team of imports ,not local talent that will not be playing after this year . But it looks good on you
Nope, the IceCaps in my opinion will not be playing next season. However we are very, very lucky to have a team to begin with. Honestly we only got a team because Jets landed the Thrashers overnight and needed somewhere for the Moose to go. We were ready to take a team overnight. I expected it to be a 3 year deal and we would be done with AHL once Jets found a place for their AHL affiliate that made more sense logistically. Then we lucked into the Habs affiliate. Again, very very lucky. Hamilton got into the OHL Game and then Habs needed a place to stick their affiliate while arena in Laval came along. We were ready again. However now there is no affiliate ready to fall in our laps. In my opinion the only hope for us was Quebec City getting an NHL but Bettman and the gang shot that down. Perhaps down the road if Quebec City gets a franchise we might get back in the AHL game but chances are very slim at best. Essentially we are an island in the middle of the North Atlantic. Logistics not in our favor. However I will go to the final 38 games and hope for playoff hockey.

I'm not bitter about it. I'm very lucky to get 6 seasons on AHL hockey. I won't support ECHL hockey and I might get some sort of ticket package for a Q team but junior is not my brand of hockey I will ever get vested. I will get to more AESHL games though. As is, I get to at least one per week depending on IceCaps home schedule. More time for that in 12 months time.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:54 pm

#1BousFan wrote:
123 wrote:Lol. And stuperfan has started. Can't run to Barry now to get me blocked eh? Lol
I can block u on here if I wants to lol
Normally Bous fans who are also moderators block right away anyone who is doesn't bow to the Caribou organization. Good on ya not to ban.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:55 pm

The Bottom Line wrote:Great news for all involved. And a big thanks not only to the bous exe, but to the flyers, cats and royals as well for all the countless hours of hard work and dedication, so we could all enjoy the best and only AAA Senior hockey in NL. Now as for 123.....you just struck out :lol:
Yeah, sadly.

#1BousFan

Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:58 pm

123 wrote:
#1BousFan wrote:
123 wrote:Lol. And stuperfan has started. Can't run to Barry now to get me blocked eh? Lol
I can block u on here if I wants to lol
Normally Bous fans who are also moderators block right away anyone who is doesn't bow to the Caribou organization. Good on ya not to ban.
I was close to doing it but at times I got to learn to be impartial
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:02 am

Lol

Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:15 am

To be honest I am surprised you haven't blocked Ivan. On numerous occasions he has taken personal attacks on me. I only voiced an opinion which I do believe is permitted on site. But if one read the rules, those personal attacks on me should have led to one for him.

From rules and regulations post...
b) Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning. Using multiple accounts to conceal identities is not permitted. Users are allowed only 1 account for this reason.

I believe Ivan broke that one several times against me. Almost like he can't control it and needs anger management training.

canonball

Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:15 am

123 why do you follow the ice caps ? There is no local players on that team playing are they not all imports

canonball

Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:18 am

I see that Ivan uses his real name ,do you ? Easy to hide behind a user name .

Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:23 am

canonball wrote:123 why do you follow the ice caps ? There is no local players on that team playing are they not all imports
In NL senior hockey, AHL or any level of sport I watch it is not about the local player for me. I did have season tickets to Fog Devils. Their downfall was drafting the best NL available when it was their turn at the draft table. Problem: the best NLer available was not the best player available. Hence the crappy product they put on the ice.

My issue with the Caribous signing those imports was they had no money. We will never see eye to eye on it so best to agree to disagree but, to me, it looked pathetic to see Mr. Cole and others run to the media, essentially begging for money for people in the area and yet have players signed that they fly in, house, feed, etc etc when they could have taken 2 more player in the draft IF they needed two more players.

It'd be like me buying a Ferrari but going to the food bank because I can't afford to eat.

Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:26 am

canonball wrote:I see that Ivan uses his real name ,do you ? Easy to hide behind a user name .
Is that a new rule we must put our names out there and even if I did you wouldn't know me. By the way I will name my next child to be born Canonball. FYI...don't put your real name out there as I could care less if you are Joe Blow or Lisa Smith.

• Information