The Refs

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
dakota
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:31 pm

Bill-Luffman wrote:Which other name? I just signed up. I think if I was going to use more than one account... one of them would not be my real name.
Someone else in your house I guess.

Bill-Luffman

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:36 pm

What does that have to do with me?

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:37 pm

This is where we are essentially. Obviously the goal should not have counted. It happens at the NHL level too. Case: Buffalo and Philadelphia in playoffs. Puck goes thru side of net. Hasak couldn't understand how it beat him cause he played angle perfectly. Puck is dropped before play is reviewed. Call on the ice stands. There's no video replay in senior hockey. We go with the call on the ice. It's sad it ended that way but really there's nothing anyone can do about it. Not like game will be replayed. Not like game will be replayed from that point forward. Obviously Holley thought it went in. No CeeBee or any team is going to say that went under the net. You get the calls some games and others you don't. All can complain until cows come home but that's it. CeeBees are 2017 Herder Champions.

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:38 pm

If it went under CeeBees net and counted itd be the same. It's just an unfortunate event.

abc123

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:40 pm

[quote="123"]This is where we are essentially. Obviously the goal should not have counted. It happens at the NHL level too. Case: Buffalo and Philadelphia in playoffs. Puck goes thru side of net. Hasak couldn't understand how it beat him cause he played angle perfectly. Puck is dropped before play is reviewed. Call on the ice stands. There's no video replay in senior hockey. We go with the call on the ice. It's sad it ended that way but really there's nothing anyone can do about it. Not like game will be replayed. Not like game will be replayed from that point forward. Obviously Holley thought it went in. No CeeBee or any team is going to say that went under the net. You get the calls some games and others you don't. All can complain until cows come home but that's it. CeeBees are 2017 Herder Champions.[/quote

Wrong...... HNL are the Herder Champs!!!! As the song goes""". They did it their way". So, so sad!

Bill-Luffman

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:41 pm

dakota wrote:
Bill-Luffman wrote:Which other name? I just signed up. I think if I was going to use more than one account... one of them would not be my real name.
Someone else in your house I guess.
There is no one else in my house using a computer. Please tell me how you think I have more than one account.

Catch 22

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:43 pm

123 wrote:This is where we are essentially. Obviously the goal should not have counted. It happens at the NHL level too. Case: Buffalo and Philadelphia in playoffs. Puck goes thru side of net. Hasak couldn't understand how it beat him cause he played angle perfectly. Puck is dropped before play is reviewed. Call on the ice stands. There's no video replay in senior hockey. We go with the call on the ice. It's sad it ended that way but really there's nothing anyone can do about it. Not like game will be replayed. Not like game will be replayed from that point forward. Obviously Holley thought it went in. No CeeBee or any team is going to say that went under the net. You get the calls some games and others you don't. All can complain until cows come home but that's it. CeeBees are 2017 Herder Champions.
Point noted but no comparison 123. Refs conferenced and were unable to come to the right conclusion. In this case Hollett told players on ice he seen the puck legitimately go in around the post. The video evidence states otherwise.

Not only did Hollett lie but he took it in his own hands to make it stick by not consulting with the other on ice officials.

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:45 pm

Actually that play in Buffalo was reviewed and upheld. I don't know. I know it stings for Caribou fans. No idea what needs to happen now.

Hockey Eyes

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:47 pm

123 wrote:This is where we are essentially. Obviously the goal should not have counted. It happens at the NHL level too. Case: Buffalo and Philadelphia in playoffs. Puck goes thru side of net. Hasak couldn't understand how it beat him cause he played angle perfectly. Puck is dropped before play is reviewed. Call on the ice stands. There's no video replay in senior hockey. We go with the call on the ice. It's sad it ended that way but really there's nothing anyone can do about it. Not like game will be replayed. Not like game will be replayed from that point forward. Obviously Holley thought it went in. No CeeBee or any team is going to say that went under the net. You get the calls some games and others you don't. All can complain until cows come home but that's it. CeeBees are 2017 Herder Champions.

This might be helpful. "Rule 617 | Goals and Assists

(Note) It is the responsibility of the Referee to award goals and assists strictly in accordance with the provisions of this rule and his decision shall be final. In case of an obvious error in awarding a goal or an assist, corrections should be made promptly and no changes can be made to the official scoresheet once it has been signed by the Referee.

superfan

Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:48 pm

123 wrote:Actually that play in Buffalo was reviewed and upheld. I don't know. I know it stings for Caribou fans. No idea what needs to happen now.

Rematch :ymapplause:

• Information