Black eye or not?

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
sebring
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:08 pm

First of all I like to give my heart filled condolences to the Clarenville caribous community, the players, the team executives, all the dozens of volunteers, their fans or hockey fans in general...this is a terrible result that is very hard to swallow. Just think of all the time, money and dedication that went in to this season from them and to have it end this way is a catastrophe.

Iam a hockey fan and love the senior game on this island both the aeshl and the cwshl and no one was happier then me when I heard the bous would be icing a team this year. The way the bous finished the season and the playoffs they where a real feel good story and it seemed like the fans where coming back more and more each game.

The other side of this IMO...is press, good or bad maybe just what the league in the west needs. I can see the teams working harder then ever to keep hockey alive and well in the west now, even more so then years past. The fans IMO will rally with us against them attitude and come in droves...just look at the cats and bous fans mostly sticking together on this issue, although they are maybe the biggest rivalry in nl senior hockey they both feel robbed and have the is against them attitude.

Finally, this is nowhere near over and until hnl releases a statement, which likely won't happen until after a decision is made on the protest filled by the caribous...ps, a lot of things on the go from the games in Clarenville this past weekend and I can see come big changes coming.
Last edited by sebring on Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sebring

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:14 pm

Just look at the traffic on this site since last night, had the series ended with a good goal a few posters would have came here congratulate the teams and that would have been it. Sad as it is I think this will help the west get stronger.

tincanfan

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:17 pm

Great Post. With all the controversary we are forgetting Maynards remarks to the Clarenville fans. He must be smiling from ear to ear and breathing a great sigh of relief that this situation arose. Well sir I can tell you its on the back burner for now. The next time you wont be segregated to a special area and surrounded by women. I know some who were looking to confront you but you ran like a chicken.

top cheese

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:27 pm

Its really unfortunate what seems to happen every year with senior hockey. There is always something that puts a black mark on the herder, leagues, or teams that overshadows the quality hockey teams and players that we have here. There is also always executives trying to pull some strings behind the scenes to push there own agenda and not to the benefit of the game and its players. Peoples behavior just stinks and its ruining ( if it already hasn't) what this province has had at the senior level. This year it was the goal, last year it was Rodi Short, year before was the Herder being played in big venues. AESHL executives manipulating rules to their advantage. People complaining that the west ( and east) are paying players. Team money troubles. Arguing over imports......the list goes on.

I really do though think this years Herder takes the cake. Players and fans here have been saying for years that we have the best senior hockey league in this country and there is really no arguing that. Now the only national attention that it gets on TSN is that the championship final is awarded in the manner it has. Instead of focusing on the great series that took place, the individual performances of Churchill and Whiffen we are again looking at the garbage that goes on beyond the scenes.

Lastly, I think one of the values of sports is that it should teach proper character to everyone involved. Sportsmanship, being humble, hardwork, acting in an ethical manner. The only thing that the Herder has come to represent now is who can cheat victory and then do their best to agitate there opposition.

The winning goal was clear to every player that it went under the side of the net. What did the Cee Bees players do......celebrate knowing that they cheated a win. What did all the fans to on this blog on open line, etc call chirp boast and brag. What did the Aeshl do smile because after years of trying they pulled a fast one on the west and try to swing it that there product is better.....shamefull all around.

Zekie

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:31 pm

sebring wrote:First of all I like to give my heart filled condolences to the Clarenville caribous community, the players, the team executives, all the dozens of volunteers, their fans or hockey fans in general...this is a terrible result that is very hard to swallow. Just think of all the time, money and dedication that went in to this season from them and to have it end this way is a catastrophe.

Iam a hockey fan and love the senior game on this island both the aeshl and the cwshl and no one was happier then me when I heard the bous would be icing a team this year. The way the bous finished the season and the playoffs they where a real feel good story and it seemed like the fans where coming back more and more each game.

The other side of this IMO...is press, good or bad maybe just what the league in the west needs. I can see the teams working harder then ever to keep hockey alive and well in the west now, even more so then years past. The fans IMO will rally with us against them attitude and come in droves...just look at the cats and bous fans mostly sticking together on this issue, although they are maybe the biggest rivalry in nl senior hockey they both feel robbed and have the is against them attitude.

Finally, this is nowhere near over and until hnl releases a statement, which likely won't happen until after a decision is made on the protest filled by the caribous...ps, a lot of things on the go from the games in Clarenville this past weekend and I can see come big changes coming.

Always appreciate reading your posts. Very well informed and always insightful. I sure hope your right on this one!

ryderhabs

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:43 pm

sebring wrote:First of all I like to give my heart filled condolences to the Clarenville caribous community, the players, the team executives, all the dozens of volunteers, their fans or hockey fans in general...this is a terrible result that is very hard to swallow. Just think of all the time, money and dedication that went in to this season from them and to have it end this way is a catastrophe.

Your posts are always spot on and I can tell your a big fan...on which team I don't know because seems like u show respect for all and have inside connections with all and in the league. Got to say I agree with everything you have said and thank you.

ryderhabs

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:44 pm

sebring wrote:Just look at the traffic on this site since last night, had the series ended with a good goal a few posters would have came here congratulate the teams and that would have been it. Sad as it is I think this will help the west get stronger.
I was thinking that this morning...busiest time this site has been in a long time.

ryderhabs

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:45 pm

As for the cats sticking with is on this one...well they're big passionate fans but we all come together and we feel it's Ilya vs them...been feeling that way for years

Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:00 pm

This is not the only league in the world where a wrong decision decides a trophy.

dakota

Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:07 pm

123 wrote:This is not the only league in the world where a wrong decision decides a trophy.
I have never seen a championship in any level decided like that...show something close please

• Information