Here Come the Eagles

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:45 pm

A Twitter post today announces defenceman Fred Earle ex of the CeeBee Stars will skate now with the North East Eagles. It will take a few weeks for the Eagles to put their team together but .... they will be fine. .
I couldn't stay till the end because of work commitment. 5-1 was the final for the Eagles over the Southern Shore. It was the first game this year the Eagles looked good. I assume number 3 was Freddy Earle. That was his old CeeBees number and he was wearing blue hockey pants. To be fair to the Breakers they were a couple of players short, The Eagles had seventeen skaters which is a long ways from the 12 they had three weeks. Sparkes is expected back with them shortly .
The team plays interlocking next weekend and I'm told they are good to go. I don't think they are ready for the Caribous yet. In the spring .... that's different.

mr.hockey

Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:02 am

Si you think the team and league will be better with ceebees players...of course they will and it would be a lot better league and a lot more revenue if the league included them...Everyone will be excited to get the ceebees players on there teams but noone wants the ceebees ...go figure....

Hockey Eyes

Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:14 pm

It was determined ( not by me) that the CeeBees broke the rules and paid players. This league was an is an amateur league. Not talking about a few sticks or equipment but money to play hockey. That would have ruined our league like it did the Central.
By the way I heard last night the CeeBees players would be going in a draft. How Earle ended up as an Eagle escapes me unless he lives there or came through the Celtics/ Northeast system.
Mr. Hockey you need to get over it. What is done is done. If the CeeBees were paying players ...they got what was coming. I enjoyed watching them play but it isn't my league.

mr.hockey

Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:00 pm

you are making accusations like other people have done and you have no proof...that is called slander ... i enjoyed all the games but it has been an injustice.. you may be an eagles fan...would you like to hear that the eagles just signed Slaney . Roberts, Thomey...sure you would and everyone is eagerly watching what Ceebees are going where..If you knew the players were getting paid then why would you want them to play... One minute your saying the Ceebees paid the players and shouldn't be aloud to play and the next minute you are excited cause they are picking up Ceebees players...My friend this will implode and nexrt year you are going to see big changes in senior hockey... This post will be left on hockey talk hopefully and you can go back and see yap there are big changes. Also Caddigan is now the manager of the eagles if i am correct...didn't he play in the herder last year with ceebees..

SAMCRO

Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:30 pm

Mr.Hockey sounds like you still beleive in the "Easter Bunny" AND thr Cebees actually
Won THE HERDER...

mr.hockey

Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:24 pm

Yes the Ceebees win the herder,,,,the eagles may win this year if they can pick up some Ceebees...lol....But if you have ever played sports you know that the ref has the final say...noone wanted to win the herder like that....if you played sports you know that we have all been on the losing and winning end of bad calls....if there was video replay and hnl was aloud to use it then the goal would have been called back.. it wasn't the ceebees fault...i somehow dont think you are an athlete because you would know better then to say something like that..and i was joking about the eagles winning the herder or anyone else in the east...it wont happen....the ceebees won last year and they had someone from the breakers , the eagles and the caps picked up for the hereder so the avalon east won the herder...not just the ceebees...

SAMCRO

Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:20 pm

Dream on Mr Hockey. I probably forgot more about the game than you ever new..

mr.hockey

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:02 pm

I played senior hockey for 5 years before an injury...i played at the nationals in 1989 in halifax...i coached for many years and yoiu could just anser with some knowledge instead of rhe foolish statements...where did you play...

mr.hockey

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:09 pm

Even this forum is dying ..there are three or four people on here talking about nl hockey and really nothing being accomplished...nobody is listening and nobody gived a darn...all you have to do is look at the webcast of the game right now and ask where are the fans...there is only one rink in newfoundland and llabrador that is full to capacity for every game and its ..you got it Hr.grace...it is the hockey capital of nl ..always was always will be hockeytown nl...good night and good bye...this is silly...

PurpleandGold

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:51 pm

mr.hockey wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:09 pm
Even this forum is dying ..there are three or four people on here talking about nl hockey and really nothing being accomplished...nobody is listening and nobody gived a darn...all you have to do is look at the webcast of the game right now and ask where are the fans...there is only one rink in newfoundland and llabrador that is full to capacity for every game and its ..you got it Hr.grace...it is the hockey capital of nl ..always was always will be hockeytown nl...good night and good bye...this is silly...
Gander had over 900+ fans last night and have been averaging around 1400 fans a weekend to start the year....just sayin’

• Information