Game 2

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:17 pm

The Caps aren't as good as the Bous but this weekend at the Jack Byrne they get last line change ... they can't go in the penalty box against the Bous and they have to make the most of the situation. Geez a five minute power play and they don't even threaten... Also they can't let the Bous walk out over their own blueline. The Caps work best when they press.... Full marks to the Bous ...
See yez at the Jack Byrne....Hope attendance there is good ......

goboosgo

Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:35 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
The Caps aren't as good as the Bous but this weekend at the Jack Byrne they get last line change ... they can't go in the penalty box against the Bous and they have to make the most of the situation. Geez a five minute power play and they don't even threaten... Also they can't let the Bous walk out over their own blueline. The Caps work best when they press.... Full marks to the Bous ...
Do people in that area go to hockey games?

canonball

Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:40 pm

Agree with what you said insider ,Whiffen let in 4 soft goals and only for the strong play of the bous this series would have a different look .Don't know is Churchill is hurt or not but I think it is time to see .The two goals the caps scored today were soft goals and should not happen .You can't give this team any openings it can come back on you

CCFAN-dbs

Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:48 am

So, in other words, Whiffen is neither worse nor better than Churchill. Churchill always lets in a few soft ones too.
Go BOUS Go!

canonball

Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:14 am

Out of the 5 goals that was scored against the bous this weekend 4 were soft and should not have been scored ,so if you think that both goalies are equal than why not split the ice time .In cases like that this is what happens most of the time .Churchill is a third defenceman out there .

The Bottom Line

Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:21 am

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Last change wont mean Jack. Replace Druken with a 20 something year old that can move could be a step in the right direction. The Bous have NOT played their best game yet. A change in scenery could bring a road game blow out this weekend. If Church plays this weekend, the Caps will have to do something other than dump and chase as we all know how that goes with Churchill handling the puck.

Hockey Eyes

Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:28 am

Well the Caps have lost Pye and Nicolas now through injuries. That is two their three pickups so the road for them is certainly uphill.. I have my tickets bought so I will go down to the Jack Byrne for a look. There is a real difference between the two teams . One is pro and one is amateur . In last year's Herder both teams were pro. It made for a better series I think. Next year both teams will be amateur and maybe we'll be back to the old days when Mile One would be filled to the hatches.

goboosgo

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:19 am

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:28 am
Well the Caps have lost Pye and Nicolas now through injuries. That is two their three pickups so the road for them is certainly uphill.. I have my tickets bought so I will go down to the Jack Byrne for a look. There is a real difference between the two teams . One is pro and one is amateur . In last year's Herder both teams were pro. It made for a better series I think. Next year both teams will be amateur and maybe we'll be back to the old days when Mile One would be filled to the hatches.
Please explain the rationale in your comment "one is pro and one is amateur"?

goboosgo

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:22 am

If Pye and Nicolas are indeed out, can the Caps replace them with with another two strengthening players?

Hockey Eyes

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:44 am

goboosgo wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:22 am
If Pye and Nicolas are indeed out, can the Caps replace them with with another two strengthening players?

It would not surprise me if HNL did allow something like that. They have done things trying to keep leagues competitive. You look at the leagues over the years and they get a passing grade in that regard. I don't even think the Caribous would object.

• Information