Cats @ SS Breakers Herder Final Game 2

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Seniorfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:58 pm

You're free to talk about who you like.

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:07 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
I might get criticized and laughed at by all the small people on here if I talk about anyone but a Cataract.

AEfan who’s very much in the know about the Breakers came on here and made a statement and got absolutely roasted. That’s how things roll on here.

Seniorfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:23 pm

Yup. Nailed it. such insight

AEfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:26 pm

NLEastHockeyFan wrote:
Seniorfan wrote:
I might get criticized and laughed at by all the small people on here if I talk about anyone but a Cataract.

AEfan who’s very much in the know about the Breakers came on here and made a statement and got absolutely roasted. That’s how things roll on here.
There is a reason the Chafe kid wears an A on the Breakers. Leads by example and never says a word. As s Breakers supporter it’s hard to ignore the work ethic of Nicholas the captain. Another kid that leads by example and plays clean. I do, however, find it hard to not to have Kevin Reid as the hardest worker in Senior hockey on the island. I guess bash away gentlemen

Seniorfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:45 pm

AEfan wrote:
NLEastHockeyFan wrote:
Seniorfan wrote:

There is a reason the Chafe kid wears an A on the Breakers. Leads by example and never says a word. As s Breakers supporter it’s hard to ignore the work ethic of Nicholas the captain. Another kid that leads by example and plays clean. I do, however, find it hard to not to have Kevin Reid as the hardest worker in Senior hockey on the island. I guess bash away gentlemen
No bashing here. I think these are great comments about Nicholas, Chafe and Reid. Agree 100%

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:56 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:45 pm
AEfan wrote:
NLEastHockeyFan wrote:

No bashing here. I think these are great comments about Nicholas, Chafe and Reid. Agree 100%
Go on with ya by. All you does is bash people on here. Especially if they disagree with you or have something negative to say about the Cats.

buzzer22

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:57 pm

I can guarantee not one player on the blues breakers eagles or caps is getting paid a cent, sticks and a bit of equipment here and there but that's it and so they should for giving up a ton of weekends throughout the year, as for gfw and gander paying players so what? If they can afford to give a guy a few dollars for travelling out there every weekend so be it, pick ups for the herder makes sense to the east to make up for not paying players, been 2 good hockey games so far with 3 pickups another 1 or 2 and this is an even playing field in my opinion , we all need to work together to keep senior hockey alive right across the province, instead of this constant back and forth, heres to hopefully another few great games of hockey left for this herder and an even stronger 2019-20 season next season! GO BLUES GO

thelionsden

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:59 pm

I never said anything about any of those players...haven't seen them enough to judge them. I mentioned i this thread or another, how impressed I was with Nicholas and Cadigan, two beauties...but yet some people like to only comment on silliness...I'm sure Chafe is a great 200 ft player as well.

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:07 pm

buzzer22 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:57 pm
I can guarantee not one player on the blues breakers eagles or caps is getting paid a cent, sticks and a bit of equipment here and there but that's it and so they should for giving up a ton of weekends throughout the year, as for gfw and gander paying players so what? If they can afford to give a guy a few dollars for travelling out there every weekend so be it, pick ups for the herder makes sense to the east to make up for not paying players, been 2 good hockey games so far with 3 pickups another 1 or 2 and this is an even playing field in my opinion , we all need to work together to keep senior hockey alive right across the province, instead of this constant back and forth, heres to hopefully another few great games of hockey left for this herder and an even stronger 2019-20 season next season! GO BLUES GO
I don’t believe it’ll ever get to that unless all parties involved work together and get on the same page. Sure guys should be getting compensated for giving up their time, but the problem is the extremes some teams and sponsors have been using to entice some of the bigger name players to play for them. Senior hockey will never be sustainable with guys making 1000’s of dollars a weekend. It needs to get to the point where it works for teams right across the province. More centres being able to compete for the Herder without having to worry about not being able to pay their bills, more players given the chance to compete for the Herder. Not the same 3 teams taking turns winning for 14 years straight and counting.

Seniorfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:24 pm

Specifically how much are players in the East getting? You've been sked to provide evidence before but have consistently dodged the question. Based on your other comments I'd suggest it's because you don't have a clue about the things you say.

• Information