Draft

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
royalcat
What colour is a puck?: black

Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:02 am

Anyone know if there were many names in the Draft?

Stadium Fries

Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:30 am

royalcat wrote:
I would wonder if there was a draft done, assuming the report that the Cee Bees turned down the ultimatum from rest of the teams.

NLHockeyInsider

Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:32 am

Stadium Fries wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:30 am
royalcat wrote:
I would wonder if there was a draft done, assuming the report that the Cee Bees turned down the ultimatum from rest of the teams.
And even if there was that’s top secret information. You probably need a top secret security clearance to know who got drafted.

royalcat

Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:04 am

I heard at the arena that Bous traded Mahoney for a goalie from the East.So it seams like Bous are expecting hockey.

royalcat

Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:08 am

Time for the teams to let their fans know what is going on..how do they expect fans to stay interested when they know nothing and are left out in the dark..Treat your fans with respect.

Ivan

Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:15 am

I put an update on Caribous Facebook Page as one comes available. I Stopped posting on here for obvious reasons. The Draft didn't take place and is now rescheduled for Wed night, as the leaque is still negotiating with the CeeBees and we hope to start on the weekend of Nov 15th. The Caribous have traded their picks in the draft for Goaltender Redmond Hunt, D man Rodney Mahoney and the rights to keep Kenny Mahoney who was on loan from the Caps last year.

Stadium Fries

Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:42 pm

Ivan wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:15 am
I put an update on Caribous Facebook Page as one comes available. I Stopped posting on here for obvious reasons. The Draft didn't take place and is now rescheduled for Wed night, as the leaque is still negotiating with the CeeBees and we hope to start on the weekend of Nov 15th. The Caribous have traded their picks in the draft for Goaltender Redmond Hunt, D man Rodney Mahoney and the rights to keep Kenny Mahoney who was on loan from the Caps last year.
Waste of time till you and the rest of the general managers realize that the Cee Bees want the same rules applying to them as the rest of the league. No play till you accept them as equals.

Stadium Fries

Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:52 pm

Imagine Ivan if your team a team that dominated the Central West for years had did a little fund raising and stayed in the Central West league..... hockey games would have been played by now. Instead the Caribous have entered the beer can league of the East and no hockey is in sight. Hard to believe that such a dominate team has fallen so far. The fans must be so disappointed.

Ivan

Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:21 pm

Stadium Fries the economy might have played a part along with Volunteer burnout. Not every center got a Stan Coffin (great organizer/fundraiser). I wish we did. We are fortunate enuf to be close enuf to the East to be able to participate. If it's less calibre than what we had in the past, fans will come to enjoy it. I stayed away from updating on this site for obvious reasons and you just reaffirmed my position. I hope it works out for everyone.

royalcat

Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:46 pm

Is there anywhere where you can see the names in tonight's draft?

• Information