Farewell To The Legend

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
Tommy

Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:06 pm

The latest rumor in Grand Falls is that the Management as voted last night to let go the man that spent the past 4 years singing their Anthem Mr.Will Janes....Will leave behind alot of singing and if it was me a sour taste to the Cats Management...What is it with this management when it comes to throwing bombs at supporters and people that spend their time supporting the team?

I guess it all boils down to the teams sponsors wanting their kids or familly members or friends singing....I guess if you want the Delaneys and Wadden in town you have to do what the all mighy doller ask of you....Sad but true!!!

I will miss the singing of Mr. Janes voice through out the Joe!!!

Comments please!!! :lol:

The Professor
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:31 pm

I have to say, this is news to me...and if true...wow! what a block buster! I can see the headlines now, perhaps on VOCM, perhaps in the local paper, perhaps EVEN on openline...Man no longer singing athem at hockeygame....the story almost writes itself...

now, I am not saying that Mr Janes was bad, or did a poor job. I happen to think he is a good guy who volunteered his time at games, but come on, really, are you kidding me? a post about the anthem singer? there are a great deal of talented young individuals within the central region who could and would benefit from this simple act of participation, if not only for a confidence builder for children interested in sharing their vocal talents in a public forum. But to equate this to dollars and sponsors and then the delaneys and Wadden???? this leaves me with only one question:

Are you on crack? I cannot comprehend this. Sponsors APPARENTLY demanding a change of the anthem singer and an organization so desperate that they oblige simply to "sign" players from another team...unbelieveable. I really think you have sunk to a new level of I dont know the hell what. I mean this is like saying that in order to sign Paul Drew, they had to change the Zamboni driver's seat cover in Deer Lake, or they had to go from butter on the popcorn to margarine...i cant believe its not butter...

I dislike being a sarcastic ****** and feeling required to make a post like this. I am sure there are those who will disagree with me, feel free, free speech is sacrosanct, and I in no way wish to dimish the efforts of volunteers and/or Mr Janes, but holy crap.

Might as well now call this Janes-gate...does it deserve a "gate"? probably so, cause his sacking brought about the movement of the Delaney's and Wadden.

get a grip. get a reality check. get something.

Im not even going to leave a quote...
Why? Because I am fantastic...
Be champions!
- Jose Mourinho -

Mr. BoJangles

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:28 pm

The Professor wrote:I have to say, this is news to me...and if true...wow! what a block buster! I can see the headlines now, perhaps on VOCM, perhaps in the local paper, perhaps EVEN on openline...Man no longer singing athem at hockeygame....the story almost writes itself...

now, I am not saying that Mr Janes was bad, or did a poor job. I happen to think he is a good guy who volunteered his time at games, but come on, really, are you kidding me? a post about the anthem singer? there are a great deal of talented young individuals within the central region who could and would benefit from this simple act of participation, if not only for a confidence builder for children interested in sharing their vocal talents in a public forum. But to equate this to dollars and sponsors and then the delaneys and Wadden???? this leaves me with only one question:

Are you on crack? I cannot comprehend this. Sponsors APPARENTLY demanding a change of the anthem singer and an organization so desperate that they oblige simply to "sign" players from another team...unbelieveable. I really think you have sunk to a new level of I dont know the hell what. I mean this is like saying that in order to sign Paul Drew, they had to change the Zamboni driver's seat cover in Deer Lake, or they had to go from butter on the popcorn to margarine...i cant believe its not butter...

I dislike being a sarcastic ****** and feeling required to make a post like this. I am sure there are those who will disagree with me, feel free, free speech is sacrosanct, and I in no way wish to dimish the efforts of volunteers and/or Mr Janes, but holy crap.

Might as well now call this Janes-gate...does it deserve a "gate"? probably so, cause his sacking brought about the movement of the Delaney's and Wadden.

I agree 100%! Will is a great guy but maybe it was his idea?

BackinBlack

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:32 pm

The Professor wrote:I have to say, this is news to me...and if true...wow! what a block buster! I can see the headlines now, perhaps on VOCM, perhaps in the local paper, perhaps EVEN on openline...Man no longer singing athem at hockeygame....the story almost writes itself...

:))

Tommy

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:52 pm

Good one...Water Boy!!! :lol: :lol:

WILL JANES

Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:19 pm

Tommy your a burn out. I 'm glad you liked my singing. I don't know if I will be missed, but I will miss doing this easy task. lol. I love how you put everything in your own words. I guess i will now focus on a "BOOM LANDING" world tour. It was nice being known as the guy who sings at the cats games. :ympeace:

CaribousFan

Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:37 am

WILL JANES wrote:Tommy your a burn out. I 'm glad you liked my singing. I don't know if I will be missed, but I will miss doing this easy task. lol. I love how you put everything in your own words. I guess i will now focus on a "BOOM LANDING" world tour. It was nice being known as the guy who sings at the cats games. :ympeace:
It's to bad this had to happened to you, When I come to grand falls to watch the bous and cats, You won't be singing the national anthem, Who will be singing it now?
Caribous Record- 17-5-2= 36 Points= 1st Place- Regular Season Champs
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009-2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2008-2009 Herder Champions
CEC Siren Guy

Tommy

Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:28 am

CaribousFan wrote:
WILL JANES wrote:Tommy your a burn out. I 'm glad you liked my singing. I don't know if I will be missed, but I will miss doing this easy task. lol. I love how you put everything in your own words. I guess i will now focus on a "BOOM LANDING" world tour. It was nice being known as the guy who sings at the cats games. :ympeace:
It's to bad this had to happened to you, When I come to grand falls to watch the bous and cats, You won't be singing the national anthem, Who will be singing it now?

Benny Farr and Bob Hedges im hearing will be doing a sing along then followed up the night after with Pot Canning!!!! Cat fans should be in for a real treat!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Catch 22

Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:28 am

I mean this is like saying that in order to sign Paul Drew, they had to change the Zamboni driver's seat cover in Deer Lake, or they had to go from butter on the popcorn to margarine...i cant believe its not butter...
Bahahaha :lol: Tommy is this true???? LOL

Tommy

Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:46 am

Catch 22 wrote:
I mean this is like saying that in order to sign Paul Drew, they had to change the Zamboni driver's seat cover in Deer Lake, or they had to go from butter on the popcorn to margarine...i cant believe its not butter...
Bahahaha :lol: Tommy is this true???? LOL

No we decided to charge the visiting teams a entry fee into the building....Also we went to town Councell and looks like were getting a raise!!!! :lol: :lol:

• Information