Irving Cup Bantam AAA Corner Brook

Newfoundland & Labrador Atom, Pee Wee, Bantam or Midget hockey discussions.
Post Reply
roy33
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:34 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:18 pm

Early Results are in and it is obviuos that for Newfoundland, especially outside the overpass, the AAA concept is not working. We don't have the population and the competition to be competitive with even the other three atlantic provinces. But we have coaches following their own agendas, with the support of local associations, and are distroying house league programs inorder for their son to get exposure.

The Corner Brook team lost to Halifax 9-0 and were outshoot something like 50 - 6. against NB 8-2 and another lopsided shots on goal. I think its time to get back to good competitive local hockey and work on increasing numbers in our bantam and midget areas in all associations and give up on this failed AAA experiment. And don't even get me started on Pee Wee AAA.

Oh, and for the people who say that we can't do anything...that kids start to drop out at the Bantam and Midget level. You are right. They are developing a voice and an opinion and will not stay in hockey because mom and dad like the limelight. They chose to participate in activities that interest them and that they enjoy. We could learn something from them about how minor hockey should be ...fun for all kids, not just a select few!!

Blast97
Posts: 1274
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:25 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:49 pm

I will also say I 99% agree with you on this. But the other 1% is that there may be someone else like me that didn't play both years of Bantam and Midget because of certain coaches. They are out there we all know. But it wasn't my parents that made me quit. I just hope that this gets fixed before it's to late. I know that there are alot of players who quit AAA programs because it's all about those select 4-5 players.

User avatar
Champ
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:09 pm
Location: Clarenville

Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:14 am

Blast97 wrote:I will also say I 99% agree with you on this. But the other 1% is that there may be someone else like me that didn't play both years of Bantam and Midget because of certain coaches. They are out there we all know. But it wasn't my parents that made me quit. I just hope that this gets fixed before it's to late. I know that there are alot of players who quit AAA programs because it's all about those select 4-5 players.

I agree there Blast. There are many players that don't even try out for these teams. Wonder why. Favortism!!
GO BOUS GO

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests