2012 herder

Allan Cup Senior Canadian Championship - Discussion of NL Senior "A" teams & play.
hodge2011
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:42 am

will this years herder winner represent atlantic canada in the 2012 allan cup? or will the herd graze there again very poor showing in 2010 and maybe even worst one this year.

Face off

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:49 am

Get a life...if this years winner decide to go to the Allan Cup which personally i hope they do......then great for them.....if they dont then no matter who wins the herder in years to come, if they decide NOT TO go. then dont s**t on those who actully win the herder and decide to go......grow up man....be proud of whoever decides to take on such a challenge instead of finding areas or in this case a CERTAIN TEAM to S**T on...

Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:08 am

One would think an event like the Allan Cup would have some sort of entrance requirement where competing teams must, at the very least, win the Championship in their province or make the final. I can understand Clarenville going last year and this year because of their last 2 Herder wins. However, for example, let us assume Team ABC wins the Herder this year and decides not to go to the Allan Cup. Then assume another team such as Clarenville or Bell Island wishes to be the representative. I am sure someone running the Allan Cup would not want the Caribous or Blues there (one team a first round exit and the other misses playoffs) and deny the entry.

I suppose I should visit the Allan Cup website (if there is one) and find this information but too lazy/tired as clock nears 130am. How are the teams determined that attend the Allan Cup?

knockoutpunch

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:38 am

hodge2011 wrote:will this years herder winner represent atlantic canada in the 2012 allan cup? or will the herd graze there again very poor showing in 2010 and maybe even worst one this year.

LOL i likes this guy :-D

superfan

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:23 am

Face off wrote:Get a life...if this years winner decide to go to the Allan Cup which personally i hope they do......then great for them.....if they dont then no matter who wins the herder in years to come, if they decide NOT TO go. then dont s**t on those who actully win the herder and decide to go......grow up man....be proud of whoever decides to take on such a challenge instead of finding areas or in this case a CERTAIN TEAM to S**T on...

thankyou face off i could NOT say it any better .

there are alot of benefits to be gained by attending this event .

Annonymous

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:29 am

Shouldn't this topic be called...."2011 Herder, or even 2012 Allan Cup" not 2012 Herder.....

superfan

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:31 am

123 wrote:One would think an event like the Allan Cup would have some sort of entrance requirement where competing teams must, at the very least, win the Championship in their province or make the final. I can understand Clarenville going last year and this year because of their last 2 Herder wins. However, for example, let us assume Team ABC wins the Herder this year and decides not to go to the Allan Cup. Then assume another team such as Clarenville or Bell Island wishes to be the representative. I am sure someone running the Allan Cup would not want the Caribous or Blues there (one team a first round exit and the other misses playoffs) and deny the entry.

I suppose I should visit the Allan Cup website (if there is one) and find this information but too lazy/tired as clock nears 130am. How are the teams determined that attend the Allan Cup?

... if more than one team from the atlantic region enters then there an elimination process to determine the ALANTIC REP.

.... so not are they only representing N.L. but they are also representing all of atlantic canada .

Silverhawk

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:14 am

ok people.. here it is once again.. how things works when it comes to the allan cup.

1. the allan cup is a AAA senior hockey tournament which is a canada wide tournament.

2. currently, the clarenville caribous is the only AAA team in Newfoundland. can other teams apply for the status change?.. of course but none has done so.

3. the clarenville caribous applied to the allan cup this year (same as last year) and got accepted to participate.

4. The caribous are the ATLANTIC CANADIAN rep.. NOT a Newfoundland rep.

5. If another AAA team (in newfoundland OR atlantic) wanted to also go to the allan cup, there would have to be a tournament to determine the winner. due to the fact no other teams wish to participate in the allan cup, the caribous automaticlly move onto the round robin games of the allan cup.

6. unlike what has been posted here at times, a large chunk of the team's expenses to travel to the allan cup is paid for BY the allan cup itself via money provided by the federal government.
Be Loud, Be Herd. Go 'Bous Go
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2012 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2011 Allan Cup Champs
- 2010 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2009 Herder Memorial Champs

giggidy

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:18 pm

This is the first time I heard that the federal government is throwing away taxpayers money so that grown men can travel to play hockey. Personally I think this is outrageous. This has nothing to do with the fact that it's Clarenville. I wouldn't agree with tax money going to the Cats to travel to this tournament either. What a waste of our money.

superfan

Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:20 pm

Silverhawk wrote:ok people.. here it is once again.. how things works when it comes to the allan cup.

1. the allan cup is a AAA senior hockey tournament which is a canada wide tournament.

2. currently, the clarenville caribous is the only AAA team in Newfoundland. can other teams apply for the status change?.. of course but none has done so.

3. the clarenville caribous applied to the allan cup this year (same as last year) and got accepted to participate.

4. The caribous are the ATLANTIC CANADIAN rep.. NOT a Newfoundland rep.

5. If another AAA team (in newfoundland OR atlantic) wanted to also go to the allan cup, there would have to be a tournament to determine the winner. due to the fact no other teams wish to participate in the allan cup, the caribous automaticlly move onto the round robin games of the allan cup.

6. unlike what has been posted here at times, a large chunk of the team's expenses to travel to the allan cup is paid for BY the allan cup itself via money provided by the federal government.

thanks again for clearifying entrance requirements for allen cup compeditors . and again clarifying the cost factor that is involved .

..... GREAT JOB AND KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK .....

• Information