Jason King an IceCap?

AHL Hockey - St. John's Ice Caps discussion.
Bruiser
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:38 pm

I just posted this in the AHL forum but it may get more attention here in the West section.

http://hockeyscene.com/hockeyscene/home ... &nid=10030

gallerygod

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:00 pm

this team should have been called the deja vus. yes king is an ice cap. the token newfoundlander on the team. isn't it ironic, todd gillingham played in year one for the st.john's maple leafs and jason king will play in year one for the ice caps. both are products of the corner brook minor hockey system..not st.john's,,but corner brook. I guess Stanford is hoping king will be box office appeal during the exhibition season.

booyah

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:54 am

Gallorygod...there is a differece in Jason King...and Todd Gillingham.....Todd was sort of a role player tough guy...Jason King will be called upon to add offence...and I'm sure he will due so..typical Newfie downing other Newfs.....go get'em KINGER

InTheFog

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:44 pm

booyah wrote:Gallorygod...there is a differece in Jason King...and Todd Gillingham.....Todd was sort of a role player tough guy...Jason King will be called upon to add offence...and I'm sure he will due so..typical Newfie downing other Newfs.....go get'em KINGER
While I loved Gilly I don't think there is any comparison. King was a great player when he was in junior and an NHLer at that so I think that King is more talented. I wouldn't be surprised if King will be the team captain this season.

gallerygod

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:19 pm

oh how we all forget too easily about Todd and his role in year one. Remember the previous season he and Yannick Perrault were a dynamic one-two punch in the qmjhl. Gillingham started the season as Calgary property and Perrault quite frankly sucked and the Leafs sent him to St. John's. He was going nowhere fast until Gillingham was obtained by St.John's and only then did Perrault turn it around. And I do recall Gillingham being an offensive gog in a key first round game that year.

• Information