Playoff Predictions

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
PowerPlay13
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Alright everyone the playoffs are starting this weekend just wanted to know everyones opinion on who they think will win each series. Also who they think will be the break out players from each team.

I think the Cats vs Red wings series is going to be a close one. The redwings got a new goalie and if they manage to get grant vincent back with hobbs, meade, skinner, & smith they should be a good match up against the defending champs. As for the CATs they are always a powerful team come playoff time so if they add in the extra line that they say they are adding for every game it should be a interesting series. Im going to say CATS in 4.

For the Mariners vs S ville series it should be a hard hitting chippy series as it has been every game so far against the two teams. If the Jets manage to get a full roster and there goaltender plays the way he is capable of playing I think they stand a chance against the first place Mariners. If the Mariners young defense stick to simple hockey and cut down on turn overs, the offense will take care of itself as it has all year for them. I don't think there is a player in the leauge on the level of Brett robinson so as long as he stays healthy then the Mariners will have garentee offence each game. JMO im going to say the Mariners in 3 all being close games.

Marinersfan01
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:19 am

I haved to agree with both of your predictions!
The cats rewdwin series is definately going to be a close one if the cats get a full roster to play, they have a strong team there. i think the games will go 4 with cats coming on top.
Mariners Jets series i think is going to be close as well like you said if they all worked hard likethe robinsons, tuckers,edgars annd snows we would be untouchable. MO. But like you said if they can stop making turnovers in there own zone then we should be all right but not taking nothing away from the jhets either cause it seems that that is the only team the mariners had trouble beating this year , so i'm going to say mariners in 4 also!

• Information