Major Choke

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Catch 22
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:05 am

Now that the Herder is about to begin. As I previously posted the bubble has burst on the Cats season. The major news this post=season is the fact that the Cats went 20-3-1 during the regular season only to get ousted in the first round by a team that barely scraped into the playoffs. It is no doubt a major upset by all accounts.

I've seen Stadium Fries with his predictions and Tumbleweed with the "Cat bashing" comments and bogeyman with trying to find positive in an early exit $$$$ (lol) but what are everyones thoughts on the upset?

I personally think that this years Cats team was no better than last years team that the Caribous defeated in 5 games. That being said they had an exceptional season and it maybe effected their ability to close the deal.

Carbonear Canadiens

Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:58 am

In all honesty there are a number of fans who believe that the CB's brought this back home on purpose. They needed the cash and they needed to get the pride back into the fans. Just look at the play in both games. A complete 180. There was no intensity Friday night and no urgency to win. Last night different story, highlighted by Sparkes opting for staples in his lip to get back on the ice ASAP. They wanted it last night and they wanted it for the fans. They delivered big time!
Follow me on Twitter: @CCanadiens

hockey123

Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:22 am

Last night was the first night All year except for Ryan and sparkes who plays only 2 or 3 three shifts a game that the cee bees had there full team in a line up the one time, If they had there full line up all year this team wouldn't have finished in Fourth place.

santana500

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:06 am

Three overtime victories you call that choke. Luck of the draw. One game two goal post and two disallowed goals. Get real. It was a hard fought battle.

santana500

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:14 am

As for Geoguy, lionsden, Zekie, Catsfan1 thru to Catsfan99, and the rest of the Cats fans; Congrats on a great season, one heck of a series and on your ability to minimize bias and discuss HOCKEY! You and your team have nothing to be disappointed about as we all know three of the four games the Ceebees won could have easily gone your way aswell

Catch 22

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:15 am

Carbonear Canadiens wrote:In all honesty there are a number of fans who believe that the CB's brought this back home on purpose. They needed the cash and they needed to get the pride back into the fans. Just look at the play in both games. A complete 180. There was no intensity Friday night and no urgency to win. Last night different story, highlighted by Sparkes opting for staples in his lip to get back on the ice ASAP. They wanted it last night and they wanted it for the fans. They delivered big time!
CC there certainly was a 180 for sure. I didn't see last nights game but from what I heard the CeeBees handled the Cats no problem. I personally think they had about the same type of team as last year, I thought the Caribous were able to pick them apart in 5 games. We all know that playoffs are a different beast alltogether and now it looks like the CeeBees were a team built for this.

The Cats came out with 2 dominating games on the scoreboard like alot of their fans expected but were unable to light the lamp which led to the OT games... like I said it appears as if they may have choked a bit. I also saw this in last years Herder.

Im looking forward to watching some great hockey over the next 2-3 weekends.

Carbonear Canadiens

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:18 am

For sure Catch, myself included. May actually get to partake in a game at the CEC this time around. If it goes enxt weekend it's my weekend off. And I'm hoping the games will take place before Easter weekend as I'm headed out of the country again. Missed our 1st 2 home games last weekend and it will be crappy if I miss any of the herder games.
Follow me on Twitter: @CCanadiens

ryderhabs

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:28 am

I don't think the cats choked...it's the ceebees are that good... We all knew they where underachieving all year. Going to be one dandy of a series.

noordinaryjoe

Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:33 pm

As surprising as it sounds based on each teams regular season performance; in this series the Ceebees showed more depth than the Cats. It seemed like all the weight was on Andre Gill's shoulders in this series and while he was great as usual, he needed help. I thought Pearcey was great when in the lineup, Gallant was fantastic and guys like Power showed effort. However, there were too many other guys who didn't contribute; where was Welcher, Graham (I know he was out yesterday), Brennan, Quinn, Roach, etc ?Not enough guys finding the score sheet. Even last night, zero even stength goals for the Cats.

When you look at the contributions from the Ceebees there was a Sparkes Hattrick, Slaney with 3 goals in 2 and a half games, Dalton with 2 OT winners, The Delaneys with a couple each, Theriault and Obrien scoring from the blueline, Hulit, Escott etc. Not to mention the efforts of Hedges, Feehan, Greeley, Tobin and D.Sparkes. From top to bottom the Ceebees had a hand from almost everyone and I think that was a huge difference in this series.

catsfan4

Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:38 pm

the nicholas-pearcey-gill line was the cats best in the series 3 of them combined for 31 points. and i don't think the cats choked.. the ot games could have went either way but the ceebees found a way to win it was a great series

• Information