Draft order

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
herder head

Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:26 am

What's the draft order for the league draft? It would make sense if CBN had the first pick considering they are an expansion team starting off from scratch.

chesterfriedchicken
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:02 pm

herder head wrote:What's the draft order for the league draft? It would make sense if CBN had the first pick considering they are an expansion team starting off from scratch.

I highly doubt the Ceebees will pick first. They left the league three years ago with two teams, then sued the league. You think they are getting any favors? They begged to get back in the league, I'm surprised they let them back in. But I guess after the other league told them they were on their own, they had nowhere to play. Going to be interesting to see who they have listed on their roster. I heard the Eagles gave them 4 of their players: Dawe, Earle, Snow and Sparkes. Joe must've had a heart.

dynamo

Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:10 pm

chesterfriedchicken wrote:
herder head wrote:What's the draft order for the league draft? It would make sense if CBN had the first pick considering they are an expansion team starting off from scratch.

I highly doubt the Ceebees will pick first. They left the league three years ago with two teams, then sued the league. You think they are getting any favors? They begged to get back in the league, I'm surprised they let them back in. But I guess after the other league told them they were on their own, they had nowhere to play. Going to be interesting to see who they have listed on their roster. I heard the Eagles gave them 4 of their players: Dawe, Earle, Snow and Sparkes. Joe must've had a heart.

Heart...............ROTFL................Heart had nothing to do with it....................there are rules that have to be followed, nothing more than that
GO CEE BEES GO

newfiepuck

Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:29 pm

ddraft looks like its complete now......thoughts????

Sergio

Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:45 pm

newfiepuck wrote:ddraft looks like its complete now......thoughts????
Chris Sparkes was the only name that was familiar to me, a long-term Ceebee who I believe was drafted by Torbay just so the CeeBees wouldn't get a chance to take him. Seems like a petty move to me.

Other than the fact it was obviously an opportunity for Torbay to give the CeeBees a public kick in the gonads, it really was a non-event, taking place in an irrelevant league. Ho-hum.

Hockey Eyes

Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:24 am

Sergio wrote:
Chris Sparkes was the only name that was familiar to me, a long-term Ceebee who I believe was drafted by Torbay just so the CeeBees wouldn't get a chance to take him. Seems like a petty move to me.

Other than the fact it was obviously an opportunity for Torbay to give the CeeBees a public kick in the gonads, it really was a non-event, taking place in an irrelevant league. Ho-hum.
Actually Sergio there are some pretty good hockey players in that draft but I don't expect you would them. Sparkes you would know as an " older player" but that isn't really the nature of the AESHL league. The whole first round was pretty solid.

kabbott50

Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:20 pm

Sergio wrote:

Or, you know, they took him because he's a good hockey player.

Gomez

Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:09 pm

Proper thing. I'm glad the executive flexed their muscle to ensure the Cee Bees will not succeed this year. They have had their share of herders and aeshl titles. Time for Torbay to have a turn. Torbay had the best team the past three years but found a way to lose each time. I think this is their year! Team is looking solid... But I thought that the last few years and was wrong... It's funny how some teams find ways to win and others find ways to loose.

Sergio

Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:06 pm

kabbott50 wrote:
Sergio wrote:

Or, you know, they took him because he's a good hockey player.
Of course. That must be it. :roll:

chesterfriedchicken

Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:45 am

Sergio wrote:

So if you had a pick in the draft you wouldn't select the best player available, based on where he "used" to play? You'd make a great general manager. Petty - no. Smart - yes.

• Information