CeeBees can't find a game this season

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
PurpleandGold
What colour is a puck?: black

Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:33 am

From the Telegram this morning.....

http://www.thetelegram.com/sports/ceebe ... on-158075/

superfan

Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:09 pm

PurpleandGold wrote:

Well they could of joined the west but never . The reigning Herder champs could of held their own in the west as well .

.... they had their chance for a game (and a good game too) but they dropped the ball .

sakic

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:23 pm

superfan wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:09 pm
PurpleandGold wrote:

Well they could of joined the west but never . The reigning Herder champs could of held their own in the west as well .

.... they had their chance for a game (and a good game too) but they dropped the ball .
They could have done a lot of things but that don't mean it would be a practical option. Their players didn't want to travel out central. Also, while they do have a decent fan base, it wouldn't be enough for them to afford a team in the central league. I think that was evident a few years back.

meincbn

Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:48 pm

I believe the opening of the new arena in Harbour Grace made a big difference in fan base. The new stadium is a lot more comfortable from which to watch a game. The CeeBees seem to do much better in attracting fans when the games are played on a Saturday night. A lot of the Ceebee fans liked to travel around the old east league to see games. It usually resulted in the Ceebees fans often being just as numerous as the home team fans.
Myself a long time season ticket holder, preferred the fast, high skilled hockey of the provincial league a couple of years ago but most other fans seemed to prefer the old rivalry of the AESHL, especially the rivalry between the Ceebees and the Breakers. This winter is going to be a long one without senior hockey. As a person who usually purchases two season tickets and spends another $40 per night in 50/50 tickets and other ticket purchases and supports whatever fundraiser is on the go, I am totally disappointed that a bunch of people running HockeyNL can be judge , jury, and executioner, without any solid proof of wrong doing by the CeeBees and take it upon themselves to punish the fans and players. and potential players of CBN. This fiasco totally rots me.

top cheese

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:08 pm

I believe the Cee Bees picked up all there players via the league rules ( draft picks, territorial rights) etc. If so why is there a big issue if they are paying a few players. It is not like they are using money to entice players to play for their club?

mr.hockey

Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:41 pm

I certainly hope that fans aren't really putting much trust in their being many interlocking games..If the Ceebees are a " B " team then i guess Bell Island would be a " D " team and that is not a jab at Bell Island but lets face it they had 12 points last season and they are going up against the Cataracts ? Yes folks i know the cataracts don't have all the imports this year but they have enough to make the teams in the ECSHL league look silly...The cataract will have to stop playing in some games so as not to make them look bad. It isn't to late for HNL to fix this ..It's time to call a spade a spade and do the right thing..Im a ceeBees fan but im also a hockey fan first and i love good games ..I love games in Torbay , Mobil, Twin rinks or the goulds and CBS. I was a fan of Randy Piecrey, Andy Sullivan , Ward Gosse , and many more and none of them played for the Ceebees... For the love of god change the senior council and bring back hockey and cut the bull**** everyone..Everyone knows the problem so lets say you know we are wrong lets fix this ..The avalon can have a great league and there are no paid players, no hotel bills and a good fan base...Ill end with this,,,I was having my lunch break the other day when a player walked in from the eagles and he said the best part of senior hockey was coming to Hr.grace to play...FIX IT !!!!

just watch

Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:07 pm

Well said

mr.hockey

Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:40 pm

Did some costs searches for the interlocking games and it will cost $ 46000.00 to play 12 games of hockey which they have scheduled. The cheapest hotel room are 113.00 plus tax and a bus is 1300.00 a day ..i have included the price of meals and the total will be 11,500 dollars per team..Now this is the league that had to charge 2 dollars more to see games in Hr.grace because they couldn't afford it...Now i realize that Cwshl will offset the expenses but what ever the offset the teams in the east will not be able to afford the balance. So here is what will happen ..someone from the senior council will announce soon that the interlocking games have been cancelled or downgraded because they didn't have enough time to really get it organized and that they will be shooting for it next year,,,then it will fade away...they can't afford it and im not even a rocket scientist haha...

HockeyFan29

Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:46 pm

mr.hockey wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:40 pm
Did some costs searches for the interlocking games and it will cost $ 46000.00 to play 12 games of hockey which they have scheduled. The cheapest hotel room are 113.00 plus tax and a bus is 1300.00 a day ..i have included the price of meals and the total will be 11,500 dollars per team..Now this is the league that had to charge 2 dollars more to see games in Hr.grace because they couldn't afford it...Now i realize that Cwshl will offset the expenses but what ever the offset the teams in the east will not be able to afford the balance. So here is what will happen ..someone from the senior council will announce soon that the interlocking games have been cancelled or downgraded because they didn't have enough time to really get it organized and that they will be shooting for it next year,,,then it will fade away...they can't afford it and im not even a rocket scientist haha...
And if they do happen to go ahead you’ll see the ECSHL teams travelling out to central with the bare minimum amount of players to help offset costs. They’ll end up going with very short benches and probably affiliate players from their junior teams because let’s face it a lot of the better players that are playing in the East don’t want to travel, if they wanted to travel they would probably be playing in the Central West League. These Interlocking games will be a farce just like HNL and the senior council are. This is ridiculous, let the Cee Bees play.

Flyer24

Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:12 am

Each team travels out twice a season and likely only stays once overnight. It's a little road trip for guys to play a few games of hockey. A night away from the wife and kids. Few games of hockey, a good laugh on the road. Couple pilsners. I'd say most players are looking forward to a good road trip to Gander or GFW.

• Information