The Puck Drops at 7.30

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:14 pm

I made a suggestion a few weeks ago about Gander and Grand Falls-Windsor funding a third team/. I said Onion Cove as a joke but it might be something like Lewisporte. A third team that could play a season to keep your league alive ...
I know the goal of Hockey NL and it is an announced goal is to have province wide senior hockey. The problem is that there are now two leagues west and east and neither has any interest in going to central Newfoundland to play hockey against paid hockey players. I also know that the individual teams aren't interested either. There fore ... the only only only solution is a third team ..
The Harlem Globetrotters play the Washington Generals every night. The Generals revenue comes from the Globetrotters. As insane as my notion sounds ...... what else is there .....?
I hope something works out for Grand Falls Windsor and Gander ....................

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:48 pm

ECSHLFan2019 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:46 pm
thelionsden wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:56 pm
It's the only active site because central is the only place that has actual fans and you just proved that.
As for whats going on with the two central teams Royalcat, i can't answer that as i have no association with the Cataracts anymore, other than a fan. I kinda wish they (both teams would make a statement on whats happening. One can only assume they are still working on a resolution. Lets hope for some sort of hockey this winter, as they tend to be long without hockey.
The same 6-10 people have been doing the majority of the posting on this site for the last year and a half and you use that as evidence on which league has more fans? Come on man, give me a break :roll:
Sadly he’s not wrong. Only the same 15 people that post here now sure. This site is all but dead.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:50 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:14 pm
I made a suggestion a few weeks ago about Gander and Grand Falls-Windsor funding a third team/. I said Onion Cove as a joke but it might be something like Lewisporte. A third team that could play a season to keep your league alive ...
I know the goal of Hockey NL and it is an announced goal is to have province wide senior hockey. The problem is that there are now two leagues west and east and neither has any interest in going to central Newfoundland to play hockey against paid hockey players. I also know that the individual teams aren't interested either. There fore ... the only only only solution is a third team ..
The Harlem Globetrotters play the Washington Generals every night. The Generals revenue comes from the Globetrotters. As insane as my notion sounds ...... what else is there .....?
I hope something works out for Grand Falls Windsor and Gander ....................
Onion Cove =))

catsfan200

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:42 am

This is what the Flyers posted last night :

Hockey Update

Just wanted to let everyone know that talks continue with HNL and Senior Council for Senior Hockey in NL and we feel confident in the progress although slow and remained focused on ensuring hockey remains alive in Central as well as across the island. We appreciate your patience and the lack of regular updates is merely a reflection of the complicated and sensitive process we find ourselves in. We also recognize it is getting late in the season but one thing is for sure we all want hockey to stay in Central and that is our ultimate goal! As soon as we have more information we will gladly share it!

Geoff Goldsworthy
GM & Asst Coach
Kelly Ford Gander Flyers
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

• Information