2016 Herder Memorial

Herder Memorial Championship - Newfoundland Senior Hockey Championship for the Senior "A" leagues.
GongshowHockey
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:57 am

What are the rules for the Herder this year? Two different leagues with different rules. Are the Cats aloud their imports? If not, are they aloud to pick up local players to replace them? Can the Caps pick up players? If so how many? I would assume if they can it will be all Eagles players?

madness

Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:25 am

Good Questions. I'll try and answer but i may be wrong.

1. imports are allowed- GFW only have two anyway but they are good.
2. Caps can pick up players( 6 from within the league) thought I read somewhere they may go with what they have and not gonna add full 6 strengthening players. I guess this will be clarified in a few days.
3. All rest of rules are the same. Not sure how revenue sharing works if at all. and if any expenses are covered by cats. IMO they should cover nothing and league out east or Caps cover there own cost just like Cats will have to. But again who knows what the HNL and AESHL have in the plans. crazier things have happened

evanpenton

Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:23 pm

I have no insider knowledge or anything but it was my understanding that the CWSHL would take all profits from home games here ( Games 1 & 2 ) as well as incurring any losses. There would be no sharing.

The AESHL team would do the same out there for games 3,4 & 5. If they force a game 5 and sell out all 3 games they get all the cash !

Teams are responsible for their own travel.

As madness stated Cats keep full team with imports.
Many people claim to have heard rumors that the Caps are going with their team mostly maybe with 2 pick ups but not the 6 they are allowed.
GO CATS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

evanpenton

Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:24 pm

Either of you guys making the trip out to watch games 1 & 2 ?
GO CATS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

Drinks alota beer

Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:36 pm

will the game be aired on the Radio!!!!

• Information