Adversity. Team

Herder Memorial Championship - Newfoundland Senior Hockey Championship for the Senior "A" leagues.
Hockey
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:52 pm

This is a great post Nathan. Mike Druken is a very nice man and i hope he gets to play at mile one and hopefully win the herder. i'm cheering him on. Go cee bees Go.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:34 am

rick wrote:if you think druken will slow down the cats then i'm sorry to tell you your gonna sadly mistaken...........
I really think you totally missed the point of the post...

Dykes#1Fan

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:10 am

123 wrote:
rick wrote:if you think druken will slow down the cats then i'm sorry to tell you your gonna sadly mistaken...........
I really think you totally missed the point of the post...
Its actually kinda sad.....

justme

Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:19 am

Great Post Nathan. I agree with you 100%..."dance with the one who brought you", I think is how the saying goes. I think is is great that you are willing to get on here and reveal yourself and stick up for guys like Mike Druken who have to sit on the sidelines. I would like to add one thing however regarding your comment about sitting Parsons to play Druken. I agree someone should sit to give him a shot, but not Parsons. I am assuming you don't know Chad Parsons and have never played with him on a team because if you ask anyone they will tell you that he is 100% a team player , 100% heart and soul. So if your argument is about not sitting the guys who are true team players and who are there for the team, well then sitting Parsons is not the answer, it would in fact be quite the contradiction.
Again, I am agreeing with you...stick up for the guys who do not get the credit that they deserve! Give Druken a game guys!

The great one

Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:57 am

Rick I think it's time you show a little class, or maybe you just don't understand what you read or take time to read it properly for what it's truly meant to be, I echo what someone previously said it's sad actually. Trying to hijack a post of player honouring a former teamate, and turing into a topic about the cats speed, great job I bet you feel proud.

Hockey Eyes

Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:29 am

The whole thing just whistled right by your head Rick. It makes me wonder why I come here.A sensible discussion starts about an interesting topic with sensible posts and someone shows up who thinks the site is nothing other than a cheering section. You have missed the whole point.

The problem is you are one of about three on this site where the deepest thoughts are GO Cats GO !!!or Bous Rule !!!

There is so much more to the game of hockey.

knockoutpunch

Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:12 am

Druken hasn't been a healty scratch yet this year. He has only missed games due to injuries or suspensions so I would think that if he wasn't injuried he would be playing

CeebeeFan18

Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:11 pm

Great post. However I heard that druken was told that he has the green light and can play whenever he feels he is ready. If he isnt ready then he is a true team player by being honest to his teammates. Because like you said it is likely a childhood dream for him to play in the herder.

geoguy

Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:42 pm

CeebeeFan18 wrote:Great post. However I heard that druken was told that he has the green light and can play whenever he feels he is ready. If he isnt ready then he is a true team player by being honest to his teammates. Because like you said it is likely a childhood dream for him to play in the herder.
If your right then you just gave the definition of a team player. Someone who puts the teams betterment before their own. I don't know this guy but I would certainly take him on my club anyday if thats the type of player he is.
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

4thlinefighter

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:05 pm

something druken does is he can change the game from a clean to a dirty game in matter of seconds and change the pace the game and get the ceebees going, yes he wont score any goals but people that watched the ceebees vs the shore last year when he was on the ice and he slashed someone or had a big hit or did a cheap shot. it changed the game in favor of his team. right now the ceebees down 2-0, druken could be the guy to light a fire under the guys, one big hit, one huge scrum, one fight or even like we saw in the mount pearl series just mouthing off to everyone who skated past him and get under there skin will make a difference

• Information