Will there be a League Next Season?

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Tomcod
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:39 pm

Tomcod wrote:
superfan wrote:I think the biggest concern is the import issue which I support . I feel Cercilli should be on their roster regardless of how many wins the Cats chalk up .

I feel the Cats organization have good reason to be outraged over this issue .

In the case of Short ,I feel a suspension is warranted however I think concerns on how this suspension was validated is of concern the Cats organization .

Is that right Tomcod ?
Youre right on the money superfan .. stay tuned...
EXCEPT FOR THE SUSPENSION

Dangle

Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:51 pm

Not sure where I should post with two threads on same topic so I'll take a chance on this one.
First, it's great to hear the positive comments from Ivan. I can't help but wonder why every team can't have a rep on this forum like Ivan. That would solve a lot of the bickering among members.

Second, with all the chat about solutions to a better league, it's my opinion that the greatest problem is the competitiveness among the teams, off the ice. Decisions have to be made for the league as a family not for individual teams. Everyone knows what I'm talking about without having to start more bickering by mentioning specifics. It's hatred from one organization/fans towards another that is the cancer that's overwhelming the league. Let the battle take place on the ice and in the game but come together outside for the good of the league. And, that includes the fans. You can't tell me that all this hatred is not seeping into the back rooms. It's obvious by league decisions we have seen, even this past week. It's obvious by the way it leaked into the social media. And, it's obvious by the reaction on this forum. The scheming and fighting outside the game, to give one team advantage over another, has to stop. We can overcome any challenge we face when we do it with the interest of the league as the priority. Let the battle end when the players leave the ice.

NLHockeyTalk.ca

Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:59 pm

Dangle, I agree.

The play on the ice is one thing, the backroom politics - stick to the other person - has to stop.

As the person who received the leaked info shortly after the meeting concluded, I was stuck as to whether to publish it on Tuesday night or to wait until I heard that it had been announced to the teams. My source was not from either of the 4 teams in the league.

When I posted the article, I was under the assumption that both teams involved had been notified. We all know how that worked out.

That is the kind of thing that results to where we are now - the infighting & BS that has propagated through the hockey community.

Bias is part of being a fan, but blind bias is very shortsighted IMO.

All the teams have a group of volunteers, organizers, players & fans that are passionate - otherwise there would be zero hockey at all. That is the momentum & positives we have to build on.

superfan

Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:15 pm

Tomcod wrote:
Tomcod wrote:
superfan wrote:I think the biggest concern is the import issue which I support . I feel Cercilli should be on their roster regardless of how many wins the Cats chalk up .

I feel the Cats organization have good reason to be outraged over this issue .

In the case of Short ,I feel a suspension is warranted however I think concerns on how this suspension was validated is of concern the Cats organization .

Is that right Tomcod ?
Youre right on the money superfan .. stay tuned...
EXCEPT FOR THE SUSPENSION

This is off topic ,but Rodi is no dummy and should of handled the play differently .

.... all rise.

Tomcod

Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:17 pm

NLHockeyTalk.ca wrote:Dangle, I agree.

The play on the ice is one thing, the backroom politics - stick to the other person - has to stop.

As the person who received the leaked info shortly after the meeting concluded, I was stuck as to whether to publish it on Tuesday night or to wait until I heard that it had been announced to the teams. My source was not from either of the 4 teams in the league.

When I posted the article, I was under the assumption that both teams involved had been notified. We all know how that worked out.

That is the kind of thing that results to where we are now - the infighting & BS that has propagated through the hockey community.

Bias is part of being a fan, but blind bias is very shortsighted IMO.

All the teams have a group of volunteers, organizers, players & fans that are passionate - otherwise there would be zero hockey at all. That is the momentum & positives we have to build on.
All that i can say barry is that there were three teams that met on the suspension because the cats rep was out of the country .. The leak had to come from one of the three teams to someone because they had their meeting and were the only people who knew how it went down ... stay tuned..

Tomcod

Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:22 pm

Have to agree to diagree superfan . Rodie is no dummy but he got dummied by the league .. stay tuned ...

canonball

Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:49 pm

timbits wrote:
NLHockeyTalk.ca wrote:Well, I recall watching a few broadcasts & having conversations with the George & Robert when they were here ... topic of conversation was a drop in attendance across all arenas, including the Cats.

This however, isn't so much about 1 organization, but the health of the league.

What league do you have if it's just the Cataracts organization there?

How changing the current league format from what we have now, to something similar to what is in the AESHL? Drop the imports, expand the towns or regions participating ... create an a West, Central & Avalon division & come up maybe 10-12 teams where the top 2 in each division makes the playoffs - then the next 2 from the 3 divisions. Make the regular season worth something?

I feel there's just not enough talent on the island to have that many teams, I'd love to see stephenville, deer lake, etc ice teams and have more parity in the league but I just don't see it happening.. Unless you took away the fight rules and brought it back to the badger bombers hay days of 1992 where it was all fights and the fans loved it, but not much talent as it was all local.

You talk about parity in the league but you complain all year that the cats got shafted because the other teams have more imports .. what do you want ? to win all games that the cats play by perhaps high scores .. I think that the Exc . done a good deed by taking an import from the cats

canonball

Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:03 am

Dangle wrote:Not sure where I should post with two threads on same topic so I'll take a chance on this one.
First, it's great to hear the positive comments from Ivan. I can't help but wonder why every team can't have a rep on this forum like Ivan. That would solve a lot of the bickering among members.

Second, with all the chat about solutions to a better league, it's my opinion that the greatest problem is the competitiveness among the teams, off the ice. Decisions have to be made for the league as a family not for individual teams. Everyone knows what I'm talking about without having to start more bickering by mentioning specifics. It's hatred from one organization/fans towards another that is the cancer that's overwhelming the league. Let the battle take place on the ice and in the game but come together outside for the good of the league. And, that includes the fans. You can't tell me that all this hatred is not seeping into the back rooms. It's obvious by league decisions we have seen, even this past week. It's obvious by the way it leaked into the social media. And, it's obvious by the reaction on this forum. The scheming and fighting outside the game, to give one team advantage over another, has to stop. We can overcome any challenge we face when we do it with the interest of the league as the priority. Let the battle end when the players leave the ice.

Only way that will happen is to discontinue this form , then you will not have this hatred getting to the media , but then some will find another way

Dangle

Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:28 am

And that negative attitude, Sir, is why we have problems. You might have noticed that whenever there is a negative attack on player, team or fans, there will be a back-load of posters who jump on board with there 2 cents worth.
It works in reverse also. The more posters that are respectful and objective without the personal attacks the less you have of the negative attacks. You only have to look at your fellow fan Super to see that. The unfortunate thing is that most people choose to take the high road and walk away. Haters or negative posters have to feed their attitudes to feel vindicated. Misery loves company.
It is the same on the higher level with leadership, executives and back rooms, especially.
Re:the decision last week.

canonball

Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:31 am

No negative attitude ,and not trying to start anything negative here at all ..If what takes place here is making way for the back room decisions and low fan turnout what would you do ?

• Information