TSN Bardown cover herder Controversy

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
PurpleandGold
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:42 am

Looks like this controversial game is getting national coverage. Saw this pop up on my twitter feed this morning. BarDown's twitter has 96.7K followers. Looks like a big black eye for NL Senior Hockey and Hockey NL.

http://www.bardown.com/the-way-this-hoc ... h-1.713257

Slapshot

Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:58 am

If you look at the picture before you start the video you will see the problem. What is missing from the picture is the ref! He is not in the frame thus there is no way he could see the puck go under the bar from the other corner. Also note in the video that most of the Caribou players also didn't see what happened as they are turning to head back to the bench. Only Churchill and the left defenseman seem to have seen the puck go under the bar.

Catch 22

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:36 am

Like I said.. Not good. Hollett and HNL becoming the laughing stock of the sports world

The Bottom Line

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:40 am

Catch 22 wrote:Like I said.. Not good. Hollett and HNL becoming the laughing stock of the sports world

HNL are already the laughing stock of NL, just as well share it with everyone else. Hopefully the comments by that certain hnl member on Friday night can get the same attention too

Oh just a fan

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:43 am

Over the years of coaching hockey and being away with teams, I've heard first hand other orginzations refer to HNL as HaNL.
And if you think that Hollet going to talk to the other official "Orr" and him changing the call is ever going to happen then you're out to lunch. Orr's a bigger crook and the worst homer ref on the island.

The Bottom Line

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:54 am

Oh just a fan wrote:Over the years of coaching hockey and being away with teams, I've heard first hand other orginzations refer to HNL as HaNL.
And if you think that Hollet going to talk to the other official "Orr" and him changing the call is ever going to happen then you're out to lunch. Orr's a bigger crook and the worst homer ref on the island.

I don't know Hollet or Orr, but calling someone a crook on a public form could land you in hot water. But, I'm sure most will agree with your hnl comment, HaNL...., it just never seems to end

Catch 22

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:57 am

The Bottom Line wrote:
Catch 22 wrote:Like I said.. Not good. Hollett and HNL becoming the laughing stock of the sports world

HNL are already the laughing stock of NL, just as well share it with everyone else. Hopefully the comments by that certain hnl member on Friday night can get the same attention too
We'll yes provincially we do. But now it has caught up to them on a National level.

The Bottom Line

Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:03 pm

Catch 22 wrote:
The Bottom Line wrote:

We'll yes provincially we do. But now it has caught up to them on a National level.

And if those comments were made, I hope that person gets taken to task aswell. imo, that's worse then the blown call.

Zekie

Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:11 pm

There is no way that Linesman never saw that play. I know he can't call a goal off but he could have related to the ref what he saw if he was consulted.

Oh just a fan

Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Well by Crook I mean't it in a sports way, like robbing teams of wins.

• Information