Caribous Chairman Responce to Hockey NL's Decision

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Catch 22
What colour is a puck?: black

Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Ivan wrote:
Adam wrote:
Ivan wrote:To all our Fans, Sponsers, Volunteers and players. I've been at it since Sunday night. Every possible scenario I could present to HNL I have. It's not about the game, it's about protecting the Officials who got it wrong from start to finish. Everything fell on deaf ears or better still, did they even listen ???
Stop sooking already the better team won.
Not sooking at all. I tip my hat to the CeeBees, they were a good team and may of won either way. Just passing info to our supporters.
I agree Ivan. Caribous organization got the shaft here.

Slapshot

Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:56 pm

dakota wrote:Rule states he's suppose to consult with linesman on disputed goal...linesman tell him net was off and he still calls it a goal...wow
Where is this information coming from all of a sudden. Lineman told him the net was off? All along everyone was complaining because he didn't consult the linesman. are you now saying he did consult the linesman? or is this fake news?

Tommyhawk

Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:02 pm

ADAM youre a big pain in u knows what u might celebrate BUT celebrate what, a herder that the ceebees didn't win.u sounds just like your captain sam Roberts who is also a joke for making that stupid comment that he made,OH YES WHEN u do celebratethe herder that ye didn't win make sure that that GOD DAMN LIER HOLLETT is sitting at the front table GO BOUS GO

dakota

Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:14 pm

Ivan wrote:To all our Fans, Sponsers, Volunteers and players. I've been at it since Sunday night. Every possible scenario I could present to HNL I have. It's not about the game, it's about protecting the Officials who got it wrong from start to finish. Everything fell on deaf ears or better still, did they even listen ???

Ivan, your a class act and a iconic hockey figure here...I know u fought it best u could and there's no other guy I would have in my corner. Ivan lets do what we can to have hockey next year.

dakota

Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:15 pm

Hnl might want it to end but let's make it work.

fishook

Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:04 pm

I think you are right about moving on and trying to get your league and team on solid ground for next year.I have read all of the posts about this unforunate call but this have happened in herder play before and i will give you two examples.Cee Bees vs Deer Lake-cee bees scored a goal and the puck was hauled back under the goalie by a deer lake player and no goal was called.Deer Lake won the herder.(2)Cee Bees vs Clarenville-first time we played for the herder and it was at mile one.Clarenville was up 1-0 and Chris Crosbie shot the puck by Churchill and puck went through the mesh in the back of the net-no goal.Bous won the herder.So it happens and it is not good but refs are only human.All this negitive publicity is not good for hockey.Move on ,has hard has it is and concentrate on next year and how you can improve your team.Congrats on a great series.

superfan

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:38 pm

God bless ya Ivan .Your dedication is very inspirational, and thanks for everything you have done, for the whole region .

Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:59 am

dakota wrote:

Ivan, your a class act and a iconic hockey figure here...I know u fought it best u could and there's no other guy I would have in my corner. Ivan lets do what we can to have hockey next year.
Last night you had Caribous back, expansion, players leaving the beer league AESHL to join the (je$u$ what's a level below beer league) CWSHL (as they lost to a beer league teams). Now tonight it's let's try to get it off the ground again.

As I posted time and time again with video, there are controversial goals caught on video that decided Stanley Cups that were not reversed and certainly not protested. Of course I admit it was the wrong call on the ice BUT once puck was dropped this wasn't going to go any other way than the decision HNL made today. A judgement call by referee will stand every time.

Finally everyone is quoting the linesman as saying he thought it went under the net. If you are the referee and a linesmen says i think well sure that's useless. I think...useless. You are sure or you aren't. The issue is he did not review with all other officials on ice.

ryderhabs

Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:51 am

123 wrote:
dakota wrote:

Last night you had Caribous back, expansion, players leaving the beer league AESHL to join the (je$u$ what's a level below beer league) CWSHL (as they lost to a beer league teams). Now tonight it's let's try to get it off the ground again.

As I posted time and time again with video, there are controversial goals caught on video that decided Stanley Cups that were not reversed and certainly not protested. Of course I admit it was the wrong call on the ice BUT once puck was dropped this wasn't going to go any other way than the decision HNL made today. A judgement call by referee will stand every time.

Finally everyone is quoting the linesman as saying he thought it went under the net. If you are the referee and a linesmen says i think well sure that's useless. I think...useless. You are sure or you aren't. The issue is he did not review with all other officials on ice.

Listen, that's a terrible way to win or lose...official didn't do his job and turned a good series into a joke...if can't agree with that give your head a shake

Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:06 am

Agree 100%. I'm stating the protest was a waste of time but acknowledge it had to be done. Nobody is overturning a judgement call once the puck was dropped.

• Information