Cats @ SS Breakers Herder Final Game 2

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
NLEastHockeyFan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:13 pm

wingsdiehard wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:09 pm
Hahahahaha good one
I’ll take AEfan’s word over most on this site. They’re in the know.

AEfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:19 pm

wingsdiehard wrote:
Hahahahaha good one
Glad you enjoyed my post. It is still the truth either way. There have been sticks for guys but the players DO NOT get a dime to play.

royalcat

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:29 pm

Ya you keep believing that.

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:33 pm

royalcat wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:29 pm
Ya you keep believing that.
It must be false if a fan of the Cataracts says so seeing as how they are all knowing of all facts and matters relating to all teams of NL Senior Hockey even though someone who knows a lot about the Breakers says it.

wingsdiehard

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:36 pm

NLEastHockeyFan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:13 pm
wingsdiehard wrote:
Hahahahaha good one
I’ll take AEfan’s word over most on this site. They’re in the know.
Yes because you’re the same person haha get a life man. You have ZERO credibility on this site.

shorefan19

Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:29 pm

AEfan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:07 pm
shorefan19 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:11 pm
Just a comment on games 1 and 2:
Game 1 was a fast, competitive, and fair game for both teams that could have gone either way. Breakers had bad luck with the referees in the 3rd period and it ultimately cost them the game.

Game 2 was all grand falls from the start and the breakers had poor luck with the goal post. The breakers defence was poor and needs improvement.

Although both games were exciting, game 1 was simply a better game. Hopefully all the games from here on out will be the same.

For the commenters on paid players: I believe ALL the teams (both CWSHL AND ECSHL) are compensating some of their players in some form or another whether its equipment, "trips down south", or cash after each game. I believe the players should be in it for the love of the game and forget about this compensation racket. Personally I think the cats are compensating more players than the breakers and there are more breakers playing the herder for the love of the game than cats players. BUT I believe some shore players are being compensated as well.

Looking forward to the next 3 games, should be an exciting weekend at the Joe Byrne.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there isn’t one player on the Breakers getting a nickel to play. This is fact.
That’s great to hear then because it should be all about the love of the game! Thanks for the correction AEFan, glad the shore is going by the book and playing the herder fair and square!

royalcat

Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:50 pm

How are they playing fair and square? Both teams are playing by the rules?You all knew that the Cat's and Flyer's gave their players some money and you agreed to play against them Everyone knew that one of these teams were going to play for the Herder.Besides they are helping fill your arena's and getting you guys some extra money by doing so.Enjoyit now you guys will have more money for your players to travel to the JOE.

Fivestar

Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:17 pm

Danny Wicks is probably the cleanest player grand falls have. Without question just playing the game not physical at all.

thelionsden

Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:28 pm

Probably the cleanest and most hard working player in Newfoundland senior hockey...he's been a great to watch..he plays with a lot of heart. Leaves it all on the ice.

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:54 pm

thelionsden wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:28 pm
Probably the cleanest and most hard working player in Newfoundland senior hockey...he's been a great to watch..he plays with a lot of heart. Leaves it all on the ice.
To say he’s the most hardest working player in Newfoundland senior hockey is a stretch. There are lots of clean hard working players in senior hockey in this province. I look at guys like Mike Chafe on the Shore, never played away anywhere, came up through the St. John’s Junior Hockey League, hard working, clean, 200 foot player, great on faceoffs. And he’s probably not getting paid a cent to play for the Shore.

But let’s talk about Danny Wicks because he’s a Cat and to hell with everyone else. All hail the almighty Cataracts.

• Information