CBC Article

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
HockeyFan29
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:56 pm

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfound ... -1.5175410

The Cataracts are back to crying and complaining about something. They’re upset because no one besides Gander wants to play with them anymore. I’d say with it looks good on their arrogant team and arrogant fan base. Have fun with a two team league again next season and you might not even have any interlocking play.

#1BousFan

Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:19 am

HockeyFan29 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:56 pm
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfound ... -1.5175410

The Cataracts are back to crying and complaining about something. They’re upset because no one besides Gander wants to play with them anymore. I’d say with it looks good on their arrogant team and arrogant fan base. Have fun with a two team league again next season and you might not even have any interlocking play.
Interesting
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

santana500

Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:44 am

All the hell is wrong with the league is the other teams need to get off their butts and fundraise and take a page out of the most successful Herder Champ in the Province. Cats are not crying, just over the years, they had the screws put to them time and time again. Nothing was given to the Cats when they came back to the league like some teams. They had to work for everything they got. People don't like those who succeed. Cats organization are in the trenches all the time fundraising to put a good product on the ice while others spend the summers at their Cabins or what have you. When the season starts they are complaining about finances. If the Provinces Senior Hockey League had Volunteers like the Cats we would not need this conversation. Time to stop looking at the situation through rose-colored glasses.

abc123

Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:02 am

I would say Santana500 that it’s time for you to stop looking through your green coloured glasses and see situations as they really are! Have you checked out the local economy in other areas than your perfect area? There is only so much money to go around no matter how many volunteers stay home from their cabins to put hockey first ahead of their families there is only so much to go around! In our area fundraising is being tapped to its max! There is only so much out there to tap into! I enjoy hockey and supporting our local team as much as any fan! We rarely miss a home game and often times attended road games.
You say people don’t like those who succeed! I guess it depends on your definition of success and how you handle it! It’s not just titles or trophies! As every true fan, we are proud of our teams successes and their times that they are not as successful! No matter what their outcomes, it doesn’t make them any less, nor any better than anyone else. If you are all so perfect out there, why are you always crying a river about how wrongly you are always being treated? You reap what you sow!

I hope beyond hope that we do have teams to support this fall, but the teams also have to live within their means! Every team and area has its challenges and lots has to be worked out with everyone working together collectively!

Hats off to Ivan Hapgood and his team for all the work they have put into and are continuing to put into the “SUCCESS” of The Clarenville Caribous organization! They are no better but definitely just as good as any organization out there, including the Mighty Cats!

GO BOUS GO!

royalcat

Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:19 pm

The Cat's maybe upset about not having teams to play with this winter but you will never hear them complaining about having enough money to support a team.Every year the Boys are always complaining out not able to come up with money to complete a full season.Maybe they should follow the cat's and fund raiser all year. I have to say that the Cat's do have the best organization in the league.Gander has been the next best in the last 2 year's.Forming a team is an all year job,not just when summer is over.

HockeyFan29

Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:11 pm

royalcat wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:19 pm
The Cat's maybe upset about not having teams to play with this winter but you will never hear them complaining about having enough money to support a team.Every year the Boys are always complaining out not able to come up with money to complete a full season.Maybe they should follow the cat's and fund raiser all year. I have to say that the Cat's do have the best organization in the league.Gander has been the next best in the last 2 year's.Forming a team is an all year job,not just when summer is over.
The Cats always complain when things don’t go their own way. They’re the worst organization we’ve ever seen in any sport in this province with regards to complaining, manipulating, and conniving to get their own way.

When it comes to fundraising and always having money it’s because their executive is good at brainwashing and putting propaganda out there to convince people to hand over their hard earned money to the “poor ol’ Senior Cataracts”. Don’t feed me this **** you knowledge lacking Cataract fans try to bring up about the Avalon teams not fundraising enough. The problem isn’t the amount or the lack of fundraising they do it’s the fact that there’s so much more competition for fundraising dollars on Avalon as compared to Central. I would say there’s at least 50-60 percent more competition for fundraising money on the Avalon. End of discussion on this matter because you’re wrong.

royalcat

Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:28 pm

Hockey fan? I think that is about it.Knowledge no! Cat's a have been one. Of the most winning teams. I think that says a lot about their organization.If you guys out east want to stay alive you should learn how to over come short comings and get out there to raise funds.As for the hockey you guys out east have more players to pick from and with the money you pay your players you should get top pick.But it takes a well organized team to win, from player's, coaches and fans to support.Cats never forget their fans.

HockeyFan29

Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:05 pm

royalcat wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:28 pm
Hockey fan? I think that is about it.Knowledge no! Cat's a have been one. Of the most winning teams. I think that says a lot about their organization.If you guys out east want to stay alive you should learn how to over come short comings and get out there to raise funds.As for the hockey you guys out east have more players to pick from and with the money you pay your players you should get top pick.But it takes a well organized team to win, from player's, coaches and fans to support.Cats never forget their fans.
Oh give it a rest. The Cataracts bought their Herders with payrolls of 100’s of thousands of dollars compared to the East Coast teams who may pay a scattered player but for the most part use guys who come up through their minor and/or junior hockey systems.

I’ve explained it time and time again that the Cataracts don’t have nearly as much competition for sponsorship and fundraising dollars as the East Coast teams do but you’re clearly not intelligent enough to understand what I’ve told you multiple times. The Southern Shore Amateur Hockey Association have done a lot of fundraising in the past few months but a lot of that money has been raised in support of Kenny Williams which is amazing to see and good on them for doing that. So don’t come on here and **** on the East teams for not fundraising enough when you clearly have no clue what you’re talking about.

royalcat

Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:04 pm

As you say the Cat’s bought their herders I think there fans helped buy it.As they showed up for the games.Can’t say the same for you guys .I attended games out east and had to check and make sure I was in the right place,with only a handful of fans. As for sponsors well you have to do some leg work and need fans in the seats before sponsors will commit.All the same I have to say the East all star team that played the Herder champs this year was a great team.

The Puck

Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:42 pm

My take is HNL has a lot of money in the senior account so give each team this year 25,000 each and have a provincial league with a schedule that isn't too long with no imports at all then who ever wins the herder deseves to win the herder and go to the allan cup.

• Information