HNL meetings?

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Seniorfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:40 am

What I heard was that HNL turned down the ECSHL application for membership, period.

ECSHLFan2019

Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:38 am

Seniorfan wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:40 am
What I heard was that HNL turned down the ECSHL application for membership, period.
If this is indeed true, this is a very worrisome precedent being set by HNL and the GFW Cataracts. Are HNL really prepared to effectively destroy the ECSHL and the five teams in that league by trying to force the teams, executives, players, and volunteers of that league into doing something that they clearly do not want to do which is play in a provincial league or play interlocking games? All to please the Cataracts and to ensure they get what they want?

It is pretty clear no one is interested in playing in a league with the Cataracts and Flyers as they don’t want to get into a pissing match over who can spend the most money to win an amateur championship (spending that much money to win at this level is just nonsense).

Hopefully in the end HNL does the right thing here and let’s the ECSHL continue as is. If the Cataracts and Flyers can find another team to play with then great, we also have a working Central West League, if not it might be time to accept no other teams wants to deal with these two teams and their current mentality on how to operate a senior hockey team and it might be time for change on their part.

Seniorfan

Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:42 am

What's the precedent and how does it involve the Cataracts? Please be specific instead the usual vague unsubstantiated insults.

ECSHLFan2019

Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:49 am

Seniorfan wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:42 am
What's the precedent and how does it involve the Cataracts? Please be specific instead the usual vague unsubstantiated insults.
Clearly this is the Cataracts and Flyers forcing HNL to make a decision because no other team wants to be a part of a league with them based on how they currently operate.

Please explain to me why the five ECSHL teams, their executives, coaches, players, volunteers, sponsors and fans have to suffer because two other teams no one wants to work with don’t have a league to play in? How is that fair?

Seniorfan

Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:37 am

oh puhlease. Seriously? The Cataracts and Flyers forced HNL to make this decision. Such twaddle. Also you completely ignore the question about exactly what precedent is set by this decision. Your follow-up question is also twaddle as it is leading in so much that assumes facts not in evidence. Just another (If not the same) troll with a personal vendetta, to be ignored going forward. buh-bye

ECSHLFan2019

Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:49 pm

Don’t “oh puhlease” me, thank you very much. I am entitled to my opinion.

The precedent that HNL risks setting is the one of forcing a five team league into non-existence because it seems no one wants to work with the Cataracts or Flyers and form a league that would include them so they’re trying to force HNL into making a decision that will benefit them but negatively affect up to five other teams.

Why can’t the ECSHL move forward as is? What is the real issue here? Why are there HNL rulings and Hockey Canada appeals happening behind the scenes in the middle of October and the ECSHL only two weeks away from their supposed opening weekend as posted by one of their teams? Maybe someone should step up and tell the public what is really going on behind the scenes if they don’t want rumours or theories being spread on NL Hockey Talk.

ECSHLFan2019

Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:34 pm

This afternoon the Clarenville Caribou’s posted their regular season schedule to their Facebook page.

In the comments a fan asked where are the Cats and Flyers playing this year and the Caribou’s Facebook page responded saying that they are not part of the ECSHL and that the ECSHL teams had no desire for interlocking play this year.

This situation is getting more interesting by the day.

Seniorfan

Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:55 pm

FTR there's a huge difference between posting an opinion and making a series of serious allegations. In the meantime, a couple of serious questions though and not just stirring the pot. Who will officiate these scheduled games played in a league that is currently not sanctioned by HNL and how will players be insured? Did they win their appeal to HC?

ECSHLFan2019

Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:20 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:55 pm
FTR there's a huge difference between posting an opinion and making a series of serious allegations. In the meantime, a couple of serious questions though and not just stirring the pot. Who will officiate these scheduled games played in a league that is currently not sanctioned by HNL and how will players be insured? Did they win their appeal to HC?
I’m not making any accusations; I’m just speculating on what I think is going on here. And it sure seems like I might be on to something or I could totally be off.

But why is the ECSHL all of a sudden not sanctioned by HNL? Why are there appeals being made to Hockey Canada according to some on here? Does anyone know what’s actually going on here?

How is it fair for the ECSHL and their five teams to not have a league to play in because they don’t want to play in a league with the Cats and Flyers or have no desire to participate in interlocking play?

I for one just don’t understand the rationale of HNL here if the ECSHL is indeed no longer sanctioned.

Hockey Eyes

Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:12 pm

this is the link to The Sports Page which is reporting as a rumour .. the ECSHL situation and the CeeBees
https://sportspagenl.ca/east-coast-seni ... is-season/

Sorry for the delay ..
Last edited by Hockey Eyes on Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

• Information