any new names for the rosters this weekend

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
leafsfan2028
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:52 am

just wondering if there is any new names and pick ups to the cats and flyers rosters this weekend

NLHockeyInsider

Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:48 pm

Gander is still too busy crying about losing Andrew Paul to the Eagles and haven’t pursued any other players.

Flyer24

Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:25 pm

Who? lol

There's a few players I would love to have back, but that's it.

Oh just a fan

Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:28 pm

24, just the troll, trolling again. He knows nothing when it comes to hockey on this island.

royalcat

Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:18 pm

Nlhockeyoutsider don’t get too cocky.I have a feeling you guys out east will be trying to get the cats or flyers to play a few games out your way so you can get some fans to pay for your players. You know that the cat’s and flyer’s will draw the fans.They probably have more fans at their practices than the east has at games 😱

AEfan

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:07 pm

leafsfan2028 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:52 am
just wondering if there is any new names and pick ups to the cats and flyers rosters this weekend
Let’s just speculate on the rosters for a moment.

Gander lost Escott and O’Keefe (Caps) as well as Paul (Eagles) to the East league for sure but what about Hynes, A. Ryan, Mosher, (Shute) and T. Hedges (Clarenville)?

You would have to assume the Cats will have mainly everyone back, aside from maybe a retired Brent. Bussey (Eagles) won’t be back along with Brennan (Shore) so just wondering who will replace all of these guys on both rosters.

aseyeseesit

Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:24 pm

The Cataracts already posted a list of confirmed players. It detailed all of last year's roster returning , minus Bussey(playing with Torbay) and Andrew Brennan( playing with Bay Bulls) - Brennan only played a couple of games with Cats last season). Also, Rodi Short was not listed. (Don't know what he is doing).
Brent will apparently be behind the bench. Gill is not playing - shoulder injury: out for Season?
Otherwise all are back , with a couple of new players - Travis Randell is back from the mainland; and maybe a recent RCMP arrival on defence(?), and some area pick-ups. Our 'main man' - AJ Whiffen - is in goal!
The Gander players noted as now playing in the east coast league looks about right.... But, Andrew Ryan, and the former pro, Evan Mosher in goal, are 2 big anchors. Mitch Oake has been playing in Lewisporte in the area Intermediate League: maybe he will return to Gander? (He teaches in GFW and it might be a factor that the Central Intermediate League he currently plays in is an unaffiliated League and not an 'HNL sanctioned' operation, for purposes of movement of players?
There are any number of other potential players for Gander also, as one of the teams in the Central Intermediate League - (Springdale) - recently folded , so there should be a ready source there(?) , to potentially replace the 3 or 4 who have gone out East, to help refill the roster numbers, to go long with the remaining players from last year...
We shall see soon enough.

Oh just a fan

Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:58 am

Also heard Jeremy Drover is playing with the Cats and Neil Oake.

Flyer24

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:04 am

J Fitzgerald is away working, Hedges is playing in Clarenville, Escott and O'Keefe are with the Caps, Hynes is in Corner Brook, Gillard and McKay are in Deer Lake, Paul is with the Eagles, Delaney is coaching somewhere I think. That's a lot of missing pieces to replace. I have watched the intermediate league and it's just fast rec hockey.

Won't be as easy as "calling" up a few players to fill these spots. The Cats roster as shown on facebook still remains quite strong.

Stadium Fries

Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:29 pm

Flyer24 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:04 am
J Fitzgerald is away working, Hedges is playing in Clarenville, Escott and O'Keefe are with the Caps, Hynes is in Corner Brook, Gillard and McKay are in Deer Lake, Paul is with the Eagles, Delaney is coaching somewhere I think. That's a lot of missing pieces to replace. I have watched the intermediate league and it's just fast rec hockey.

Won't be as easy as "calling" up a few players to fill these spots. The Cats roster as shown on facebook still remains quite strong.
Heard the Flyers have 10 players. Too bad, long lineup last night here in Grand Falls buying tickets. Certainly more than wife’s and girlfriends will be attending this game. Guess we will see if this all works out. I for one didn’t buy all 6 tickets for 50 bucks as I am not sure it will happen. Hopefully we will see the Herder banner raised Sunday afternoon at the Joe that alone will be worth the price of admission.

• Information