Games going ahead this weekend?

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Seniorfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:58 pm

NLHockeyInsider wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:28 pm
Seniorfan wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:52 pm
AEfan wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:19 pm
Will these two teams expect a chance to play for the Herder this year?
HNL had said repeatedly that there will be no Herder competition this season due to the east coast teams only agreeing to play against each other.
:roll: :roll:
[/quote

It that meant to indicate that you disagree with HNL's decision? Hard to tell.

NLHockeyInsider

Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:00 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:58 pm
NLHockeyInsider wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:28 pm
Seniorfan wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:52 pm

HNL had said repeatedly that there will be no Herder competition this season due to the east coast teams only agreeing to play against each other.
:roll: :roll:
[/quote

It that meant to indicate that you disagree with HNL's decision? Hard to tell.
HNL ever flip flop on a decision before?

Zekie

Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:03 pm

Not the East's fault that no one wanted anything to do with the Cataracts and Flyers. The WCSHL didn't exactly welcome them with open arms either or enter into any type of interlocking play with them despite the rumours on this site of that potentially happening.

Let the winner of your little series play the winner of the ECSHL for the Herder, I think thats a fair solution.
[/quote]

How would it be fair to allow the winners of the little series who are semi-pro take on amature teams from a watered down ECSHL who don't pay their players? I don't follow your logic?

Perhaps the fairer idea might be no Herder this year & no senior hockey next year without a provincial league.

NLHockeyInsider

Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:40 pm

Zekie wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:03 pm
Not the East's fault that no one wanted anything to do with the Cataracts and Flyers. The WCSHL didn't exactly welcome them with open arms either or enter into any type of interlocking play with them despite the rumours on this site of that potentially happening.

Let the winner of your little series play the winner of the ECSHL for the Herder, I think thats a fair solution.

How would it be fair to allow the winners of the little series who are semi-pro take on amature teams from a watered down ECSHL who don't pay their players? I don't follow your logic?

Perhaps the fairer idea might be no Herder this year & no senior hockey next year without a provincial league.
[/quote]

There’s no appetite for a provincial senior hockey league. Guys don’t want to be on the road every weekend - a lot of the top end guys in the league could have that by playing professional or university hockey but instead they chose to come home start a career and in some cases a family. Guys just don’t want to give up a substantial number of their weekends to travel to Grand Falls Windsor or Gander to play hockey when they could be playing a game on Friday or Saturday night and getting to spend the rest of the weekend at home with their family. You can’t force teams and players into a provincial league no matter how bad a select few in central want it.

Also, no one wants to get into a pissing match with the Cataracts potentially spending six figures trying to win a Herder.

Not one single team currently playing can depend on tax payer dollars to bail them out, unlike the Cataracts.

Seniorfan

Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:04 pm

Tax player's dollars??? How effin dare you ! The Cataracts are where they ate financially due to the incredibly hard work of a handful of dedicated volunteers who have worked tirelessly year round, year after year. Once again you demean some very wonderful people who have given their all.

NLHockeyInsider

Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:10 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:04 pm
Tax player's dollars??? How effin dare you ! The Cataracts are where they ate financially due to the incredibly hard work of a handful of dedicated volunteers who have worked tirelessly year round, year after year. Once again you demean some very wonderful people who have given their all
I think I stuck a nerve with that one :lol:

Oh just a fan

Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:55 pm

Get off the west side loser

NLHockeyInsider

Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:56 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:55 pm
Get off the west side loser
Nah bro, I’m good.

Oh just a fan

Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:59 pm

Hahaha I don’t actually care, but you do see how annoying it is having someone saying that. I have no problem with you when you say your opinions, that’s what this sites all about, it’s just sometimes you clearly troll just to be one, so I like to give it back too.

Snapshot

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:31 pm

NLHockey insider should be banned from the CWSHL forum. But none of the admin has the guts to do it. The Cats organization puts thousands of $ into the community and has bailed out other teams.
There were 2 teams in the ECSHL who agreed to play interlocking games with the CWSHL but were told by the other teams not to play . If they did they would not be playing in the ECSHL.

• Information