No Herder?? Or Is There?

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Oh just a fan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:28 pm

How’s this clown keep being allowed to create new accounts?

Besides that, you don’t need to include everyone in central when you talk out of your ass. Because I for one think this is stupid. And I know a lot of people in town will think the same.

Hockey Eyes

Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:59 am

Flyer24

Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:09 am

They are going to be allowed to pick up 6 players from Gander too apparently lol.

Seniorfan

Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:08 pm

The Cataracts didn't have a league to play in due to the collusion of teams east and west. Now they want to be rewarded for their underhanded skulduggery. HNL already told them their refusal to play scifi but themselves disqualifies them from Herder competition. It there makes sense, following from this current decision that if HNL plans to reinstate Herder competition then the Cataracts must be part of it. Any other decision would be inconsistent with their previous ruling. There is nothing in the Herder rules that says a team must be part of a league to compete. The Herder is to be awarded to the best senior team in the province. The Cataracts are a duly registered senior team with HNL. The East and their fans are clearly afraid that their plan to make the Herder a cozy little competition amongst themselves isn't going to fly. It's a PROVINCIAL championship not an east coast one.

aseyeseesit

Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:12 pm

"Insider" - just to give you a little history lesson on who is eligible to be awarded the coveted "Herder Trophy" ... In 1957 the Grand Falls Andcos won the Herder without playing in any League. They were awarded the Herder because they were the only Senior A team registered that year.
The GF Andcos went on to win their fifth in a row in 1959 - winning the Herder 6 of 7 Seasons between 1953 - 1959! In 1991, the NAHA did not award any Herder, no competition being sanctioned by the NAHA. ( By the way, Grand Falls had a Senior B team in 1957 , which team beat a western Corner Brook champ and advanced against an eastern team from Bell Island, who had beaten St.John's to represent the 'east' for competition for the Evening Telegram Trophy. The GF Andcos "B" team,(the 'bees'), was awarded the Herder family's then second coveted provincial trophy - Evening Telegram Trophy).

aseyeseesit

Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:54 pm

"Insider" - I guess you would have to ask the CeeBees organization why they did not register a team after the 2017 Season , (if they didn't register?), and get all the facts on the 'battle' that ensued with the other east teams involved in the dispute among themselves back then....
What happened to the CeeBees has nothing to to do with anything the Cataracts did in operating their team out here in central. As I say: Ask the CeeBees, don't just "throw out there" that somehow it was the Cataracts' fault.

canonball

Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:27 pm

What happened to the rule that a player has to have played a certain # of games in order to play for the herder ,,,Give them the trophy and let them keep it ,that way they can stuff it up the Milky Way

Seniorfan

Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:27 am

canonball wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:27 pm
What happened to the rule that a player has to have played a certain # of games in order to play for the herder ,,,Give them the trophy and let them keep it ,that way they can stuff it up the Milky Way
You are referring to a rule that never existed.

royalcat

Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:17 am

Canonball you have to get over your obsession with the beloved Cat’s!They are not even playing this year and you still insist on bringing them in to this hockey sight! If you want maybe I can see if the boys will send you a team picture from last season with the herder😍 I was at the game in Clarenville on Saturday pretty good game,but on Sunday the few fans that were there couldn’t wait for the 50/50 to be drawn so they could get the hell out!

canonball

Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:36 pm

The game was in the bag then so I guess that they had enough,.oh perhaps you can get in the picture with them . What was the attendance for the cats game .?..load of bs is what they are trying to do but we all know what this is all about

• Information