Allan Cup Question -- PLEASE REPLY

Allan Cup Senior Canadian Championship - Discussion of NL Senior "A" teams & play.
giggidy
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:05 pm

BouBees wrote:You make me laugh....

Get over it already - lol

Is it really that important. I don''t think anyone really cares other than a team from here won

Do you get it? Get It?

It is you that doesn't get it. As already pointed out, this analogy of a team winning the Stanley Cup with players not from their city is a false one. If the Toronto Maple Leafs were to win the Stanley Cup it would be with the team that they had during the season. If Toronto instead had played as a team all season and then on opening night of the playoffs they worked out a deal with another team to combine their players, they couldn't then claim a victory for Toronto alone. This is the correct analogy. This should be simple for anyone to understand. I'm not complaining about the players not being from Clarenville. Only a handful of Cataracts are from GFW. Same with most teams. No problem there. I'm also not complaining that they teamed up wit the Cebbes players to win the championship. Good on 'em. I cheered for them as I watched the game. My complaint is that Clarenville combined with another team to win the Allan Cup and now fans are online trying to claim that victory for Clarenville alone. That's not right or fair. Right? Get it?

When people are unable to understand something that is being explained to them a common response is to laugh...it covers up ignorance.

As for getting over it.....you're the one who insisted on replying to my comment. Must have been important for you. Now you've replied twice. Guess you don't get it. Anybody who simply says we should all be happy is badly missing my point. I'm very happy a team from here (NL) won. Just that some Clarenville fans don't want the rest of the province to share the pride. They want to claim it all for themselves. You and others don't seem happy that they've been called out for doing so.

superfan

Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:24 pm

...... NEWFOUNDLAND HOME OF THE 2011 ALLAN CUP CHAMPS !!!!!!! .......

........ YEEEEEEEAAAAAAA !!!!!!! ........

BouBees

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:15 pm

It is a Clarenville victory isn't it? That's where the Caribous are from? The team that is! The guys from the Ceebees opted to play with Clarenville in the tournament. If it were the other way around it would be a Ceebee victory and it would have included the Clarenville players. But when someone were to ask who won it would be the Ceebees.

Do you get it?

Seems you find it hard to understand. If you like we can include charts and graphs? I have a great map of Newfoundland.

Do you have Clarenville envy? Personally, I like to vist it is a great place. But I wouldn't want to live there. Does that mean I can't enjoy the "Clarenville" Caribou winning the Allan Cup.

I'm just messing with ya. Kinda fun. You obviously take this very personally.

It is you that doesn't get it. As already pointed out, this analogy of a team winning the Stanley Cup with players not from their city is a false one. If the Toronto Maple Leafs were to win the Stanley Cup it would be with the team that they had during the season. If Toronto instead had played as a team all season and then on opening night of the playoffs they worked out a deal with another team to combine their players, they couldn't then claim a victory for Toronto alone. This is the correct analogy. This should be simple for anyone to understand. I'm not complaining about the players not being from Clarenville. Only a handful of Cataracts are from GFW. Same with most teams. No problem there. I'm also not complaining that they teamed up wit the Cebbes players to win the championship. Good on 'em. I cheered for them as I watched the game. My complaint is that Clarenville combined with another team to win the Allan Cup and now fans are online trying to claim that victory for Clarenville alone. That's not right or fair. Right? Get it?
[/quote]

When people are unable to understand something that is being explained to them a common response is to laugh...it covers up ignorance.

As for getting over it.....you're the one who insisted on replying to my comment. Must have been important for you. Now you've replied twice. Guess you don't get it. Anybody who simply says we should all be happy is badly missing my point. I'm very happy a team from here (NL) won. Just that some Clarenville fans don't want the rest of the province to share the pride. They want to claim it all for themselves. You and others don't seem happy that they've been called out for doing so.[/quote]

canonball

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:36 pm

I would like for giddidy to point out the clarenville fan (s) that are giving all the glory to just the Clarenville team ,, Clarenville went to the Allan cup last year with 7 or 8 Deer lake players they did not win a game , people came on and congratulated Clarenville for putting on a good show ...Some people said that they knew that Clarenville would not win a game ... Not once did i read that it was Deer Lake ... It was the Caribous .... Now the Bous won, a person like you have to try and make a farce of it ... We all know that the CB`s were a big and i say again BIG part of this win and i would say that the managment of the Bous made to right choice when they picked the CB`s .. I don`t think that there was a team in the league that could ice a better team than what the CB`s offered .. And that sir goes for the top team on the island ... Also you say that it is a watered down of the Allan cup of the pass ,, well perhaps it is ,, do you not think that the NHL might be watered down .. After all it came from 6 team to 30 teams ... Did you see Scott Brophy on tv , go tell him and the rest of the players that they played in a watered down league .... Again ,,, Thanks Clarenville for the good showing at the Allan cup .. I sure that GFW will do as good next year if it don`t get droped down to the pee wee level

giggidy

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:56 pm

canonball wrote:I would like for giddidy to point out the clarenville fan (s) that are giving all the glory to just the Clarenville team ,, Clarenville went to the Allan cup last year with 7 or 8 Deer lake players they did not win a game , people came on and congratulated Clarenville for putting on a good show ...Some people said that they knew that Clarenville would not win a game ... Not once did i read that it was Deer Lake ... It was the Caribous .... Now the Bous won, a person like you have to try and make a farce of it ... We all know that the CB`s were a big and i say again BIG part of this win and i would say that the managment of the Bous made to right choice when they picked the CB`s .. I don`t think that there was a team in the league that could ice a better team than what the CB`s offered .. And that sir goes for the top team on the island ... Also you say that it is a watered down of the Allan cup of the pass ,, well perhaps it is ,, do you not think that the NHL might be watered down .. After all it came from 6 team to 30 teams ... Did you see Scott Brophy on tv , go tell him and the rest of the players that they played in a watered down league .... Again ,,, Thanks Clarenville for the good showing at the Allan cup .. I sure that GFW will do as good next year if it don`t get droped down to the pee wee level

Let's see now. If based on this year's performance the Cats get dropped to Peewee level wher would that leave the real Caribous? Based on their performance in the playoffs they would have to go down to let's say AAA Novice. (Not a serious comment just playing off your your last humorous sentence....)

I did see Scott Brophy and was very happy for him. Has nothing to do with my comments though. You also defend the Caribous choice of a team to affiliate with. NEVER IN ANY POST did I question their choice so that also has nothing to do with me.

Getting just a little tired of having to defend myself for COMMENTS I NEVER MADE!!! I made one very specific complaint and everytime someone responds they make up a bunch of other things to attack me for that were never said by me. No wonder I get frustrated and a bit ticked at times. Many people have responded to my posts but so far ONLY ONE PERSON has responded in a way that refers back to my complaint and indicates an understanding of what I've said. THANKS SUPERFAN!!

Going forward I will no longer take the time to explain my position for the umpteenth time. I'm also not going to bother to continue defend myself against people who insist on misquoting me and misrepresenting what I've said.

(As for my opinions on the Allan Cup itself , they haven't changed in years and are not predicated on a NL team winning or losing. Doesn't mean I'm not very pleased for the players who competed and won....good on ya!)

Once again (as I've said multiple times before).....Congratulations and thanks to the players and management of the Clarenville Caribous and the CBN Ceebee Stars for working together to bring the Allan Cup back to NL.

Back iin the falll to do it all again.....have a good summer everyone.

geno

Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:29 pm

Tomcod wrote:
canonball wrote:i do think so ... and so are a few others I also think that someone on here said that the boys only won against a few over the hill ex NHLers .. I wonder who was that ?
hey cannon you know it was me lol.. facts are facts lol....

if you watched the games you would have to agree...as for being jelous i dont think so ... the cats have the best team on the island & we proved it by winning the herder .... stay tuned ....
not now u dont!! lol

• Information