Roster?

Allan Cup Senior Canadian Championship - Discussion of NL Senior "A" teams & play.
geno
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:15 pm

Bull Moose wrote:its to bad they all declined.. but i am sure the cats with the roster they have will do fine..
I wish the Cats well but personally dont think they are good enough to win the tournment and if they play like they did against the Caribous, they wont win a game. Defence is not strong enough and not enough fire power. Its a different game at the AC and I dont think that some of their players will be able to adjust fast enough! Goaltending will also be an issue. Just my opinion!

Hope Im wrong...... I wish them well.

royalcat

Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:59 am

Wish the Cats the best of luck at the Allan Cup.Maybe they won win but at least give them the credit for going there with the team that they have.Yes it is not the best players on the island,but it is the team they had all year.Shore they can combine two teams as last years champs did but i guess they wanted to go with the Cats team.Win or lose best they are still repersenting NL.So for those of you who dont think much of this team just think did you guys do it the first time?Know you had to take half of another team.The cats may have players that cant or wont beable to keep up with the other teamsbut give them credit for going there to represent NL.Good luck Cats.This is a big chance for some of these guys who have heard about the Allan Cup over the years so just getting there is a great achivement.Enjoy the experience guys.

canonball

Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:43 am

No one said anything about giving the Cats credit. Some are just giving there opinion , nothing wrong there .. By the way the Bous went to the Allan cup the first year with 6 or 7 players from DL , last year they went with 9 or 10 from the CB`s and they still repesent the province of NL.. The first year they went some on here said that they would not win a game (they didn`t)they also hoped that they would get laughed out of the place , they also said it again the second year but we know what happened then don`t we ... some even said that they should have picked up players from the Cats the first year and they were even mad because they didn`t ....The Bous with the players from the CB`s played some good hockey at the Allan cup and even surprised a lot on people at home and up there ... Now do i think that the Cats will win the Allan cup ? No ,, and i do not think that they will win a game , if they do it will be only one ,, jmo, which i am entitled to have ...I do think that the teams this year are stronger thats the reason for my opinion and they know what to expect this time around from Nl repesentives By the way, they do have 5 or so players from different teams

geno

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:19 pm

royalcat wrote:Wish the Cats the best of luck at the Allan Cup.Maybe they won win but at least give them the credit for going there with the team that they have.Yes it is not the best players on the island,but it is the team they had all year.Shore they can combine two teams as last years champs did but i guess they wanted to go with the Cats team.Win or lose best they are still repersenting NL.So for those of you who dont think much of this team just think did you guys do it the first time?Know you had to take half of another team.The cats may have players that cant or wont beable to keep up with the other teamsbut give them credit for going there to represent NL.Good luck Cats.This is a big chance for some of these guys who have heard about the Allan Cup over the years so just getting there is a great achivement.Enjoy the experience guys.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Dont take it so personal bye....its just an opinion. And I did wish the Cats all the best! And I know all about giving credit where credit is due. Remember, only for the Caribous, the Cats or no other team from NL would be going to the Allan Cup. When ther Caribous got back into Sr hockey in 2006, they started asking about the AC at the HNL and league meetings. Everybody and I mean everybody told them that they were nutzzzz! You cant go to the Allan Cup everyone said! Its too expensive and you could never win. Nobody has gone in 25 years!! Well the Caribous didnt listen and went anyway. The first time they lost every game and everyone was saying....see, we told ya! The Caribous then decided to go again and a lot of people thought they were out of their minds! Anyway, we all know what happened second time around. If the Caribous had listened to all the nay-sayers, they never would have went to the first AC and most certainly not the second one. Lionsden said as much in a post just a few days ago. Its the Caribous that revived the interest in the AC.

The Caribous took all their players the first year the went....even guys that they knew would never dress! They also took a goalie, a d-man and three forwards from the wings. Similar to what the Cats are doing this year. The second time around, the Caribous took 9-10 players from the CeeBees, mostly because their own players couldnt go for various reasons. Just making the point that the Caribous have.....been there-done that....and know what the Cats are experiencing. As I said before......I wish the Cats the best of luck! :-D

BTW......they might win it all!! ;-)

canonball

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:49 pm

Thats a fact, they just might win it all

hooligan

Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:04 pm

geno wrote:
Bull Moose wrote:its to bad they all declined.. but i am sure the cats with the roster they have will do fine..
I wish the Cats well but personally dont think they are good enough to win the tournment and if they play like they did against the Caribous, they wont win a game. Defence is not strong enough and not enough fire power. Its a different game at the AC and I dont think that some of their players will be able to adjust fast enough! Goaltending will also be an issue. Just my opinion!

No doubt it will be tough but who thought the Bous would win last year or even had a chance. Let's be totally honest here guys. Given the fact that the team that went the first year just came off winning their second straight Herder (winning in a very convincing manner I might add) didn't win a game who really,truly believed that last years squad would do any better let alone win it all. The Bous went out in the first round and we all heard about how bad the Ceebees were against the Cats so there was really no reason to suspect that things would turn out the way they did. Not really sure where you're coming from with the goaltending comment but defence is a legitimate concern. You may be absolutely right,they may not win a game but if there's anything we've learned from last year it's that you just never know.

canonball

Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:52 pm

I think that the team that went there last year came together at the right time .. Along with the Bous players and the CB`s they had the right combination .. real good on defence ant their fotwards were also great ... Churchill played great

geno

Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:02 pm

hooligan wrote:
geno wrote:

No doubt it will be tough but who thought the Bous would win last year or even had a chance. Let's be totally honest here guys. Given the fact that the team that went the first year just came off winning their second straight Herder (winning in a very convincing manner I might add) didn't win a game who really,truly believed that last years squad would do any better let alone win it all. The Bous went out in the first round and we all heard about how bad the Ceebees were against the Cats so there was really no reason to suspect that things would turn out the way they did. Not really sure where you're coming from with the goaltending comment but defence is a legitimate concern. You may be absolutely right,they may not win a game but if there's anything we've learned from last year it's that you just never know.
Guess u didnt read my post after that one! I said that they could win it all!! :-D

geno

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:51 pm

Just finished watching the game. Certainly not the best game that the Cats can play and I expect to see a better effort tomorrow. I was however correct in my guess on how things would go. Very little offence, lots of defensive break downs resulting in goals and the goaltending was not great at all. Should start Whiffen tomorrow!

Now dont go freak'n out guys....its JMO! :lol:

Silverhawk

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:14 pm

I'm sure a lil case of nerves too.. very 1st allan cup game n all
Be Loud, Be Herd. Go 'Bous Go
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2012 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2011 Allan Cup Champs
- 2010 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2009 Herder Memorial Champs

• Information