Junior Showdown

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:09 pm

I know its off topic but there was a big game in junior hockey tonight at the Glacier. The Mount pearl Blades beat arch rivals CBS Renegades. 4-1 with a couple of minutes left. Two evenly matched teams. The Renegades didn't have much discipline. Too much time in the penalty box. That cost them last year in the finals . It cost them tonight. The crowd was big for St. John's hockey ... . More hits than in any senior game I have been to this year . Those two teams will meet again.
Bill Noseworthy was at the game from HNL and Jim Haire from the Mount Pearl Blades. As always ...I didn;t win the 50/50 .

gamer750

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 pm

The best games I have watched over the years were Jr games, alot more physical, prob due to age 16-21 as overages.

Hockey Eyes

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:20 am

I think you are right, The best game I saw all year in terms of effort was last Sunday's junior game. They have an enthusiasm that leaves almost all of them eventually . There is also very much a " team" concept that is sometimes missing further up the line. They are still " good enough to dream" as the expression goes and they think they are invincible . I remember full houses at the Glacier when the Blades played the Celtics or the Caps in the playoffs. The other night was interesting because the fundraisers for the Blades were the same..... the fans along the rail who weren't family or girl friends were the same ....and the game was important. I will be back when they meet again or when the playoffs start.
The Junior website is fabulous. The best I've seen. The league President is George Bursell. George and the other Presidents down through the years have done a great job. .
The one thing that stands out above everything else in Junior is that .... THEY FINISH THEIR CHECKS. That isn't always true in senior.

AEfan

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:34 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:20 am
I think you are right, The best game I saw all year in terms of effort was last Sunday's junior game. They have an enthusiasm that leaves almost all of them eventually . There is also very much a " team" concept that is sometimes missing further up the line. They are still " good enough to dream" as the expression goes and they think they are invincible . I remember full houses at the Glacier when the Blades played the Celtics or the Caps in the playoffs. The other night was interesting because the fundraisers for the Blades were the same..... the fans along the rail who weren't family or girl friends were the same ....and the game was important. I will be back when they meet again or when the playoffs start.
The Junior website is fabulous. The best I've seen. The league President is George Bursell. George and the other Presidents down through the years have done a great job. .
The one thing that stands out above everything else in Junior is that .... THEY FINISH THEIR CHECKS. That isn't always true in senior.
Since your favourite player Druken and his Caps, along with your Eagles have no desire anymore to play against any other teams in the NSHL, I guess you have to boast about the Jr league going forward. If so please direct those posts to the Jr league thread. This one is for the CWSHL/ECSHL (NSHL)

• Information