CWJHL

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
GenoSniper
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:41 pm

Any news on this up coming season?
By the looks of the post in the AEJHL, there will be a lot of players from the Jr Cats playing in that league.
With all those players and the little amout of players that turn out for Corner Brook in the finals. Some being there last season of Jr , do you think there will be enough players/intress to have a league?

geoela

Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:34 pm

Well, I hate to say this, but I would say the central/west jr league in about done. Even if they scare up enough players to play, they won't be able to compete with the east jr teams. Unless, alot of the better players have a change of heart, put in much sacrafice, and play with their hometown central/west teams.

While we are on the topic of leagues possibly folding...the NL Midget AAA league is on shaky ground, thanks to the greed of the "MEN??" running the Fog Devils. The Western Kings have folded...thanks, in part, to the Fog Devils luring their goalie from them. Some of the Western players are now practicing with the Central Ice Pak. The Tri-Pen Frost are about to fold, thanks to the Fog Devils not allowing cut players to play with the Frost. So, IF the Ice Pak/Kings combination can get off the ground, there will be a 2 team Midget AAA league in NL this year. Awesome job Fog Devils! Oh, and I know you didn't do it all by yourselves...you had lots of help from HNL...for allowing you do all of this damage.

CadJuice

Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:25 pm

to be quite honest, the Subways shouldnt of iced a team Last season. it was just a waste of money for the parents of the players, who wanted to play. there wasnt a skill set there willing to play last year. and even now, there is very little skill on the west coast coming up.. as sad as that is.. i guess the best years for west is gone for now.

GongshowHockey

Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:49 am

GenoSniper wrote:Any news on this up coming season?
By the looks of the post in the AEJHL, there will be a lot of players from the Jr Cats playing in that league.
With all those players and the little amout of players that turn out for Corner Brook in the finals. Some being there last season of Jr , do you think there will be enough players/intress to have a league?
i think you will see all the jr cats players come back and play for their home town! they should have a better team then last year and they finished 2nd on the island!

Blast97

Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:13 pm

A few of the players are committed to coming home. The Jr Cats have some sick D. I know im Biased seeming I'm on the coaching staff. But alot of the players realized where there best shot at the Veitch tournament is to, and with the JR Cats new head coach he will teach them what they need to know. AND NO I DONT MEAN ME hahaha.

Annonymous

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:14 pm

is this league started yet?

Blast97

Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:56 pm

The league starts this weekend. There is a schedule posted under another topic.

bigsmoke3

Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:35 pm

whos comeing back for central ... i know alot of the bodies who said they were comeing with us baled out so we got our work cut out for us wit jsut 5 returns . we have good d but we will not have alot of fire power up front , im moveing up front so maybe i can digoutsome dirty goals lol they allcound right

• Information