Mariners vs Cats!

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
Marinersfan01
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:53 pm

Home from the game tonight and the cats defeated the mariners 6-4! Got to say the first 40-45 mins was pathetic to say the least! The mariners were running around like they did not know the game of hockey!
I know we cant do anything about the reffing but Matthew Thorne should not be allowed to ref the game cause he dont know the game! Her was pathetic again tonight , the calls that he made against the teams some were good but most were ridiculous.
On the bright side Roger Snow was a welcome sight to see! He had alot of chances but didn't go his way but he had 3 assists hopefully he can play with us the rest of the yr! He will definately help us for sure!
Brett Robinson's hard work paid off for him tonite he had 3 goals along with Greg Edgar's goal! We got a good line there in Robinson, G. Edgar, Ransome up front and R.Snow and J.Edgar or MaClean in the back.

The cats had 13 players and the mariners had 3 full lines but the mariners could not get anything together from the start dont know if it because of the full bench or not! LOL!!
Hopefully tomorrows game will be better for them!

Another thing is that the other players the mariners picked up I M O are not good pick ups they are definately 4th liners for sure they are not strong skaters at all and they are scared to death to throw a hit on someone! ( Jordan McKay, Clarke LeRiche, and Curtis Clarke) Maybe they are getting their feet wet first i guess time will tell .

Insider

Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:28 pm

I may have been because they are used to playing with only eight and nine players and were not used to sitting on the bench for so long lol...

kwh4050

Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:21 pm

I thought that the ref made a few brutal calls both ways for sure but one of the refs doing the lines missed numerous offsides & icings as well as signally incorrectly and not being sure &/or confident with calls made the trio of refs looks all that much worse and significantly less competent... hopefully when we return the smaller linesman won't be in the game......

• Information