Game 2 mariners vs jets!

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
Marinersfan01
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:31 pm

Was unable to travel to stephenville today to take in the game , so can anyone be so kind on to fill us in on how the game was? I kmow the mariners beat them 8-3 but was it a sloppy game ? did the jets have a full bench today? They only had 11 players last night.
Was Snow playing today or not cause he took a bad hit to the leg last night and left the game.
Who was in the net for the mariners ? Did Murley play in net for the jets today?
Was there a fight ? if so was it a good one?

marinersfan13

Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:51 pm

A few of us went to the game today and it was pretty good for the most part. First period was pretty sloppy but things seemed to get better after that. Chad leriche got a hat trick along with a few goals from edger, Robinson, and tucker. Snow was out for the warmup and came out to the bench but I didn't really notice how much time he spent on the ice. Jets had about the same number of players today as last night. Murley was in net for the jets today but didn't play as strong of a game as I have seen him play before, and Matt hardy played for the mariners again today and did pretty well.
Well I guess since Julian ward is unable to play right now, Jeremy Mitchell felt the need today to take over his position, jumping not one but 2 mariners during a small scuffle in the third. He attacked Sid ransome first and then once the refs broke that up he went after number 25 ( not sure of his name), then after that he went back after Sid. Neither mariner dropped their gloves first nor last but Sid was givin a interference penalty while Mitchell and 25 were kicked out of the game. Nice to know wards legacy will live on through Jeremy Mitchell!!
The reffing was AWFUL, worst I have ever seen in all the time I have been watching hockey. So many calls for both sides were missed even when it happened right in front of him. I have watched this ref before in juniors and high school hockey and he always sucks!

Marinersfan01

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:13 am

I know the refin out here is not the best but Stephenville takes the cake with there refs! I know who your talking about when it comes to the ref. Hes pretty awful!
That was great for Chad to get a hat trick, he puts alot of effort in his shifts and it finally paid off, good for him !
I figured Snow would probably be on the bench but playing better to rest it then risk further injury!
As for Mitchell i guess it was tooo good to be true on Sats game. LOL!! He played a good game and never went on with any of that bull, but i guess when he got to his home town he wanted to put on a show for the home crowd, what an idiot that boy is cause that all you can vcall him is a boy cause no mature hockey player would go on with the crap he goes on with.
Oh well at least we got the win and no one got injured!

• Information