Mariners Clinch First!

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
Marinersfan01
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:30 am

I would like to thank the Mariners on clinching 1st overall tonight! Gret job boys! Final Score 7-4!

The rumour I heard tonight was that the Cats had 4 or 5 players quit on them yesterday! True or false?
Cause it was unfortunate that they had to play with 10 players tonight. They put up a good fight with that many too taking an early 2-0 lead on the mariners.
Another thing I was not fussy about with the cats. After the game the Mariners lined up to shake there hands and the Cats skated off the ice besides a couple of players. I think maybe 2 or 3 of them. Why would they do that , that just shows poor sportsmanship. MO.
Another thing why did a player from the cats take a swing at a fan with their stick while they were going to the dressing room? No matter what the fan said if anything you do not swing a stick at them uncalled for!
Like I said not good sports displayed at all!
You can not when first place every year you know take it with a grain of salt and gear up for the playoffs!

Redwing

Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:16 am

if i were to bet, the cats were really pissed off. first year in a long time that they didnt own the league and the first loss since they went 0-6 to start the season

marinersfan13

Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:13 pm

The cats swinging sticks doesnt surprise me at all... Third year in a row that they have swung sticks at fans here...

kwh4050

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:59 am

Marinersfan01 wrote:I would like to thank the Mariners on clinching 1st overall tonight! Gret job boys! Final Score 7-4!

The rumour I heard tonight was that the Cats had 4 or 5 players quit on them yesterday! True or false?
Cause it was unfortunate that they had to play with 10 players tonight. They put up a good fight with that many too taking an early 2-0 lead on the mariners.
Another thing I was not fussy about with the cats. After the game the Mariners lined up to shake there hands and the Cats skated off the ice besides a couple of players. I think maybe 2 or 3 of them. Why would they do that , that just shows poor sportsmanship. MO.
Another thing why did a player from the cats take a swing at a fan with their stick while they were going to the dressing room? No matter what the fan said if anything you do not swing a stick at them uncalled for!
Like I said not good sports displayed at all!
You can not when first place every year you know take it with a grain of salt and gear up for the playoffs!
Last edited by kwh4050 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

kwh4050

Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:02 am

marinersfan13 wrote:The cats swinging sticks doesnt surprise me at all... Third year in a row that they have swung sticks at fans here...
Last edited by kwh4050 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marinersfan01

Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:23 am

Well there kwh4050 i take it your the coach of the cats! The cats never swing a stick is bull, the reason why i say that is because he almost hit a family member of mind who was coming down the steps! So that is garanteed bull on your part, the security gaurd also got at your players for the same thing so dont go thinking your dear old cats are the inocent ones there!
Whats with all the name calling against the fans out here. What about when your player scored a goal and went over to one of those fans a smacked him in the head taking the hat off of his head? I spose he never done that either did he? What kind of excuse you going to come up with that one! You think you would get away with it if it was the sr league no i dont think so! So what fans say things always have always will never going to stop! You just got to take it with a grain of salt and go on with the game!
No matter what is said there is no need for players hitting fans either ! The fans say things to try and throw the other team off of there game and your players let them do it , beat them on the score board that all you got to do but by doing what they did my friend your beloved cats did stoop to there level and more!
I did say that a couple of the players (2-3) did shake the mariners hands but no one else did.
LIKE I SAID JUST GOES TO SHOW WHAT KIND OF SPORTS YOUR ORGANIZATION IS!

marinersfan13

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:22 am

kwh4050 wrote:
marinersfan13 wrote:The cats swinging sticks doesnt surprise me at all... Third year in a row that they have swung sticks at fans here...
With the way that the fans treated my players, I think there are a couple of fans who should be counting their lucky stars that we wouldn't stoop to their childish, low-life, low-class and worthless existense. 2 fans in particular that stood near our bench should really look in the mirror and be disgusted at what your life is.... Pathetic
Maybe I should clarify a few things. I tend to stay away from the cats tunnel/bench because I know so much bs goes on there. I was just stating that it wouldn't surprise me if it happened since there is a history of sticks being swung. As for the couple if fans by your bench, I do know there was one in particular that was acting very childish and IMO should have been removed from the arena for the things he said to both the cats and the security that was working at our stadium. I will agree that some of our fans can be very extreme but that is in no way an excuse to swing sticks. As I have said I wasn't by the tunnel nor was I watching the tunnel when this apparently went on, I was too busy watching what was going on on the ice with almost the entire team leaving, but I was just stating that if It did happen there was no need for it.

Toiletbowl

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Same ol same when going to PAB, never changes. I was there as well in the rink, and I will say that as a Cats player did swing his stick at the brick wall 2 feet below a fan. The same player told me he knew exactly what he was doing and it was a way to get the large amout of fans away from the tunnel. And what also blows my mind is the amount of grown men who want to fight teenagers and young men.
As for shaking hands they were told by the refs to go into the room. I personally wouldn't have any shaking of the hands like in Sr til the playoffs when your done. Talk about class, they shook there hands on Sunday and never had a problem, the games were both pretty clean to. So for the fans to be so immature and violent I don't get it.
Last but not least I was really really blown away at a 5-7 year old little girl, right next to her mom and dad swearing, parents didn't say a word other than repeat pretty much the same thing the little kid said.

Unidentified Source

Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:03 pm

kwh4050 wrote: You have to remember that with being forced to forfeit 2 games against Stephenville where 4 points would have been almost inevitable, we still would have easily won the league title.
maybe im missin something but the mariners finished wit 25 points cats have 20 you add those 4 forefitted points and theyre still one behind. that cancelled game would come into play so theres potential but that would have to be played and closer standings would have made the games yesterday worth something too. possibly depending on some games the cats might have won the league by 1 point. how would that be easily?

PowerPlay13

Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Was there any other games between S ville and Deer Lake this weekend? If so who had all the points? And who had all the points for the PAB vs CATS series???

• Information