Redwings Vs Cats to go ahead this weekend!

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
PowerPlay13
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:01 pm

GFW vs Wings is going ahead this weekend now, league ruled on it, word is was wings put in for games in Corner Brook and didn't give 72 hrs notice therefore they will go ahead this weekend. Can anyone further this for me.

hockey33

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:18 pm

Still not 100% confirmed..............they were given notice this is just their backup excuse they were told in Trition actually. Their original beef was about their players nothing was ever said about playing in Corner Brook until now when they knew their original excuse wasn't going to go in their favour. Just trying whatever they can now because their not use to being on the losing side. It was already ruled on by HNL Friday hence the game did not go ahead Saturday either as HNL had already said. HNL is the governing body of hockey in NL, so I don't know if the league can actually overrule them either.Still lots of fighting back and forth on this yet. League's a joke anyway

Redwing

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:12 pm

grabbing at straws no eh? there was a AAA peewee tourney in deer lake this weekend and was scheduled like that all season so the wings were aware of this and had to find ice elsewhere. The thing is, the team is the Humber Valley Redwings, not Deer Lake, we practice out of cb and play in dl. The 72 hour thing? How can that stand if the league said on Friday that game 4 (our home game) would go ahead in Bishops on Sunday when game 5 was slated for Triton on Sunday? Thats not 72 hours...

Unidentified Source

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:20 pm

da cats didnt mind changing stadiums last year the day before goin to botwood. i tought the problem was players but now its where the game was. straws is right. guess theyll be in the same boat with players again this friday when they play,

hockey08

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:28 am

i think it is a disgrace to the league to side with the cats here, this game has been scheduled all season.
just doesn't seem right that they get their way because of some stupid excuse. oh well, best of luck to the wings.
put the cats where they belong, swept out in the first round.

kwh4050

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:56 am

hockey08 wrote:i think it is a disgrace to the league to side with the cats here, this game has been scheduled all season.
just doesn't seem right that they get their way because of some stupid excuse. oh well, best of luck to the wings.
I would love to know where you get your facts from...

hockey33

Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:50 pm

kwh4050 wrote:
hockey08 wrote:i think it is a disgrace to the league to side with the cats here, this game has been scheduled all season.

Time for you to stop with your childish posts there buddy! They got the facts pretty good, your the one that can't get over the fact your team is down 2-0.........should actually be gone if you didn't come up with that lame excuse you didn't have notice and get the league president to side with you. Now I'd love to know how many players you're going to get tomorrow night since you couldn't get enough last Friday. The Red Wings are probably be going to short as they had booked last weekend off as they knew in September the games were that weekend. Anyway, like I said before league is a total joke and pretty much ran by GF and Im done with topic as so should you.

Good luck to both teams tomorrow night............and hopefully, the right team will win...the team that deserves the win and wins on the ice not behind the scences. Hope it aint a dirty game but I expect it to be...

GongshowHockey

Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:11 am

hockey33 wrote:
kwh4050 wrote:

Time for you to stop with your childish posts there buddy! They got the facts pretty good, your the one that can't get over the fact your team is down 2-0.........should actually be gone if you didn't come up with that lame excuse you didn't have notice and get the league president to side with you. Now I'd love to know how many players you're going to get tomorrow night since you couldn't get enough last Friday. The Red Wings are probably be going to short as they had booked last weekend off as they knew in September the games were that weekend. Anyway, like I said before league is a total joke and pretty much ran by GF and Im done with topic as so should you.

Good luck to both teams tomorrow night............and hopefully, the right team will win...the team that deserves the win and wins on the ice not behind the scences. Hope it aint a dirty game but I expect it to be...
Maybe none of you guys should post seeming i havent seen the real facts posted yet... its in the cwjhl's constitution that if a team does not have enough players to play a game they will receive a $500 fine if it wasnt 72 hours notice... which the cats paid! it also states in the constitution that the game will be rescheduled at a later date! A women involved with the red wings called the league president and decided she wanted to take the 2 points for the win and the series... thats not how it works and if i was a player on that team i wouldnt want to win a series like that anyways! This was a HNL ruling and had nothing to do with the president of the league.... know the fact before you post total bs

• Information