Dirty Hockey

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
unknown123
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:17 pm

This is a forum to discuss, not discriminate. All of the teams have had fights, they each have players that can hold their own as well as those who skate away from situations that could cause penalties and fights. It's quite amusing how fans can get on and go on with complete utter crap about other teams when the team they are cheering for loses. Its hockey and its a game. There will be ups and down the whole season. Teams win and lose. In every game there has to be a winner and a loser. Watching a game that keeps fans on the edge of their seats and ending in a way that was so unpredictable is quite a rush and enjoyable to watch, But to come on here and go naming certain players and their actions after a game is nonsense. Get a life. You're not the one on the ice, you see it from a whole different perspective than a player.

Fighting seems to be one of the hottest topics on this forum. Each team pretty much has one they call their "fighter" and you know you're going to see fights and dirty hockey so why not just sit back and shut it. You can't stop it. If there's a big problem it will be taken care of I'm sure. But if you want to stop the fighting commenting on here isn't going to do that. Players are going to do what they do no matter what a fan thinks or feels and that is it. Dirty hockey is exactly what some people enjoy watching while others enjoy seeing no penalties at all. Everyone has their own opinion but comment wisely not stupidly.

Majority of comments and discussions made on this forum is from the fans, a lot of the players read the comments but do not comment themselves. Get on here talk about the games, discuss the teams weaknesses and strengths in a positive way to help the teams see where they need to improve and such. Degrading a certain person is insulting. For those who insult certain players, they are a disgrace to themselves and the league as fans.

Players are playing because they love the sport, it isn't the NHL, it isn't their current career. Some of them are in school and work part time jobs while others are just working and to have give up every weekend to play. It is part of the love for playing and fans should be thankful, especially those who attend the games, they are also giving you something to do on the weekend. Show encouragement for the teams so that they pull off a great close game.

Hats off to the team who wins. Have fun and good luck in the upcoming games and next season!

Hockeyissick

Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:29 pm

You cannot say that Ward had three fights in three games because it was more like 3 jumps in 3 games. In the first game he jumped a d-man(not sure his name) on Humber valley then the next game he fights Burke earl who never took his gloves offs and was just picking up from a dirty hit by robinson on thistle. The third fight I'm thinking it was against Owens when he played with Humber valley and that also was a jump. So I can't understand were you say that ward will be a big help to the mariners. Like coachK said ward will play his 1 shift and Humber valley will get a 7 minute powerplay just like the last three times.

OzzyNF

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:37 am

I don't know why I keep coming to this site...every game one team loses their fans cry foul.... thats followed by a whole lotta "why I oughtta's " and "woulda, coulda, shoulda's and next times."

First off... we weren't intimidated by HV, we strayed away from our gameplan...the reason we strayed.... we took them for granted...and they made us pay for that mistake. Contrary to popular belief on here HV does indeed have a decent defense and Kennedy is a smart defenseman in his own right, he just spends too much time whining to the officials. Are they better than the Mariner defense...no...but thats My two cents.

Alot of the problem, In my opinion, is the CWJHL rules...no fighting in the last 10 minutes is a real stupid rule which ends up most of the time in someone being jumped, happened to us on a number of occassions because we didn't have the bodies to entertain a scrap, not that we wouldn't like to have one, it s just the rules don't permit it and I think that hurts the league and may lead to someone getting hurt.

Its true, we do have a younger team than your typical CWJHL team but that just means we have a bright future if we stay together. Hockey sometimes gets a little dirty, especially in playoff time, and both teams have guys who like to play that game. No one said it was going to be easy and it won't be, both teams are closely matched and hopefully it will be a great series. True, The refs are a little more brutal in deer lake, thankfully, Enos Langdon retired..lol...but no one is as bad a Sville's Barry Snow so hopefully, Lyndon or whoever is reffing doesn't change my mind.

Both Snow and Ward are expected in our lineup this weekend and we are looking forward to games 3,4,5 this upcoming weekend, I encourage all fans to come out and support the league as hopefully, the games should be quite good and may be more entertaining than some senior games you see as these guys play for pride.
Assistant Coach
Port aux Basques Mariners

FightAndWin

Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:12 pm

OzzyNF wrote:I don't know why I keep coming to this site...every game one team loses their fans cry foul.... thats followed by a whole lotta "why I oughtta's " and "woulda, coulda, shoulda's and next times."

First off... we weren't intimidated by HV, we strayed away from our gameplan...the reason we strayed.... we took them for granted...and they made us pay for that mistake. Contrary to popular belief on here HV does indeed have a decent defense and Kennedy is a smart defenseman in his own right, he just spends too much time whining to the officials. Are they better than the Mariner defense...no...but thats My two cents.

Alot of the problem, In my opinion, is the CWJHL rules...no fighting in the last 10 minutes is a real stupid rule which ends up most of the time in someone being jumped, happened to us on a number of occassions because we didn't have the bodies to entertain a scrap, not that we wouldn't like to have one, it s just the rules don't permit it and I think that hurts the league and may lead to someone getting hurt.

Its true, we do have a younger team than your typical CWJHL team but that just means we have a bright future if we stay together. Hockey sometimes gets a little dirty, especially in playoff time, and both teams have guys who like to play that game. No one said it was going to be easy and it won't be, both teams are closely matched and hopefully it will be a great series. True, The refs are a little more brutal in deer lake, thankfully, Enos Langdon retired..lol...but no one is as bad a Sville's Barry Snow so hopefully, Lyndon or whoever is reffing doesn't change my mind.

Both Snow and Ward are expected in our lineup this weekend and we are looking forward to games 3,4,5 this upcoming weekend, I encourage all fans to come out and support the league as hopefully, the games should be quite good and may be more entertaining than some senior games you see as these guys play for pride.
Assistant coach and "The Glue" for the Mariners lol

Tayco1234

Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:41 pm

You have to be kidding me, The red wings had a goon there named Matt Lundrigan, nothing but a chicken, swinging his stick everywhere and bullying anyone that was smaller than him, Just like Kevin Lundrigan, cant skate, or play hockey, on the ice for one thing only, to hurt someone.

CoachK

Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:58 pm

Lundrigan is one of the biggest guys in the league so of course he hits smaller guys. He hits hard and is an extremely strong guy so every hit is a big hard one. It's hockey, if you can't keep your head up and take a hit then join figure skating. Big hits were thrown by both teams, and that's what the fans like to see. Great gritty game from both teams

backhand shot

Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:26 pm

It sounds like a Don Cherry game. How was the Officiating?
Last edited by backhand shot on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marinersfan01

Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:50 pm

hey CoachK no body on here is talking about his bodychecking ability! its all about his stick swinging ability and taking cheapshots! He is a goon always was and always will be! He only knows how to pick on guys smaller then him and! No doubt he can chuck'em if someone comes after him for a fight but other then that he still a goon!

JonWells26

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:56 pm

If PAB players and fans want to complain about goons on the ice, Why don't you talk about julian ward.. He'd go out there and try and fight every game he played(last year). That was his role, and don't try to tell me he was a hockey player because he was worst the billy madison on skates. This is Jr hockey, there is dirt bags, big hits, big fights, and goons. Sorry to tell you, this is how its been every year since ran. Either accept it, or turn the TV onto womens basketball because this isn't a soft league.

• Information