Awards

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
Jets_fan71
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:59 pm

Top rookie and top goalie have both been brought up with regards to the express as for MVP vaters and champion didn't play enough games to give white a run for it.. And top scorer is as the score sheets go so I guess 2 of the 4 voted awards aren't enough toiletbowl?

jets fan

Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:30 pm

You can't call Vaters or Champion MVP because when BF didnt have champion, they won. And now they dont have Vaters, and they're still winning. You take away Josh White, I don't say the Jets win a game all year

kwh4050

Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:00 am

Toiletbowl wrote:I can't argue any awards but it seems to me that the fans of PAB and Sville, haven't changed one bit. The Express are in first place again, and yet no one seems to think they should win an award. Some things never change.
I also thought that was funny... We only lost 3 games the whole season so we had to be doing something "award-rewarding" but we'll see... Thanks for your support.

Jets_fan71

Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:35 am

Everyone has said you should lock up rookie of the year and have a shot at top goalie. But do you honestly think you should get top d or mvp? I know you're going to continue to say " if vaters played it would of been close" but that was an if and he didn't play enough so circumstances being as they are you must know you're not deserving of those 2 awards

kwh4050

Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:44 pm

Jets_fan71 wrote:Top rookie and top goalie have both been brought up with regards to the express as for MVP vaters and champion didn't play enough games to give white a run for it.. And top scorer is as the score sheets go so I guess 2 of the 4 voted awards aren't enough toiletbowl?

I would be shocked if White didn't get top scorer... Champion for sure didn't play enough but Vaters played for 10 games and the Jr-Express were 9-1 with him in the line-up. In those 10 games he also got 23 goals and 16 assists. It's gonna be great to have him back for sure....

Toiletbowl

Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:36 pm

So two out of four awards. You guys said rookie, and a shot at Top goalie. Well for one thats only one award not two, but Top goalie for sure has to go to Randell if they only lost three games. Honestly when a team only loses three games it's hard to argue any awards going to the other teams.

kwh4050

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:44 am

Toiletbowl wrote:So two out of four awards. You guys said rookie, and a shot at Top goalie. Well for one thats only one award not two, but Top goalie for sure has to go to Randell if they only lost three games. Honestly when a team only loses three games it's hard to argue any awards going to the other teams.
Randell only had 1 loss when he went down with his injury.

Jets_fan71

Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:17 am

If that randell guy is the one with the red helmet then yes for sure he deserves it and rookie could be given to half the team. But to say no awards should go else where? You didn't hVe the top scorer or the top d.. So it shouldn't be donated to you cause you're in first place! MVP is still debatable if vaters played 10 games but talking about numbers in the last 6 games of the season white scored 21 that's just the last 6 so it's definitely between him and vaters

BarDown Hockey

Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:42 am

Not saying Josh White doesn't deserve MVP but something that definitely goes against him is the amounting games his team has one. Typically as MVP goes to someone that wins their team lots of games. As far as top goalie award goes Rendall doesn't really deserve it for the amount of wins because he didn't steal any games for the express where the pab goalie has stood on his head in many games I've played against him

Jets_fan71

Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:51 am

The other thing you need to consider is white had absolutely no supporting cast. Also if he played for bishops how dominating would he have been to play with vaters? You could split the MVP in half lol

• Information