Port aux Basqes Mariners vs Stephenville Jets *First round*

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
Gongshow_08
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:43 pm

There has been a change in the Schedule it seems. The Port aux basques Mariners are to take on the Jets this weekend with the Mariners owning the home ice advantage. Standings are to remain the same regardless, Sville got last, Port aux basques got Second, and Bishops got First. So the remaining games are going to be cancelled
against bishops and the playoffs are going to be underway this weekend so the teams can be done in time for the vietch in Sville.

cooze10

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:06 pm

if this is the case will there be a change in the elgibilty rule ? i know most people have there 6 games played but as a student i was only able to take part in 4. The final 2 would have came the weekend of the 16th and 17th in bishops falls.

backhand shot

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:55 pm

The regular season games are the 16 and 17 of feb. in bishops falls as far as i understand. I also though that a player had to have 4 games in the regular season for to play in the playoffs .Did that change this year Not 6 games before playoffs.

kwh4050

Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:02 am

Also, the rule is only 2 games and not 6.. but where the schedule was cut short the eligibility rule of having to play a minimum of 2 games, doesn't apply to anyone signed on the protected list before Jan. 10th

marinersfan13

Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:16 pm

Games are postponed this weekend due to road conditions. Games will now be played on the weekend of the 24th.

jets fan

Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:14 pm

The games being pushed back another week is a good thing for the jets...Chris Dohaney, Chris Cooze and Adam Green will all be playing against PAB. Cooze is a stud on defense and Green and Dohaney will hopefully provide more scoring like they did in BF a few weeks back combining for 5 goals between them. This should open up a lot more ice for Josh White and improve the balance on the Jets offense

kwh4050

Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:09 am

Will all of PAB's pick-ups be there? Just wondering if Robinson or Hobbs have to go back to work? Or if Vincent, Skinner, Thistle, Strangemore, Kennedy and Walsh had exams?

Jets_fan71

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:53 pm

I believe Brett is away working. I may be wrong. But if all their other players showe up they should be fine without him! And rumor has it josh white will not make the trip out with the jets but Adam green Chris Dohaney Chris Cooze and Josh St Croix will be coming from st johns

kwh4050

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:37 pm

Jets_fan71 wrote:I believe Brett is away working. I may be wrong. But if all their other players showe up they should be fine without him! And rumor has it josh white will not make the trip out with the jets but Adam green Chris Dohaney Chris Cooze and Josh St Croix will be coming from st johns

No Josh White???? Where is he going to be? That sounds disastrous....

jets fan

Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:03 pm

kwh4050 wrote:
Jets_fan71 wrote:I believe Brett is away working. I may be wrong. But if all their other players showe up they should be fine without him! And rumor has it josh white will not make the trip out with the jets but Adam green Chris Dohaney Chris Cooze and Josh St Croix will be coming from st johns

No Josh White???? Where is he going to be? That sounds disastrous....
Could very well be, hopefully the imports plus the rest of the squad can try and fill that hole

• Information