Stephenville in now the express need a coach??

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
Insider
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:23 pm

after all the hoopla surrounding the jets and their battle with hnl, now it seems the express cannot find a jr coach... can anyone elaborate? did they end up finding one?

Toiletbowl

Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:32 pm

Where is Kev Hynes? I don't think this is a true statement. I do know that the league has been served a money suspension from HNL for what reason I don't know, but seems fishy to me. Prob just another way to try and kill a already dying league. Sad really.

kwh4050

Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:34 am

Express aren't looking for a new head coach... I need people to help at numerous positions on the Exec. I ran everything almost completely by myself last season and that includes Head Coach and also being the only person on the Exec. But running a team requires an Exec and has to have more than 1 person... I am still here and I haven't missed an AGM or anything but I need help and can't do it alone... I still have high hopes and I am hoping that a few people will step up and volunteer.

Insider

Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:00 pm

any ideas when it will be finalized? i know ppl in my area are getting restless... hopefully the season can start soon. are you getting anywhere in finding volunteers kev?

Annonymous

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:56 am

The rumor at the lineup for fries on Sunday cats game was that they expect the express to fold.

kwh4050

Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:16 pm

There are ALWAYS rumors and normally all rumors are just giving people a chance to vent and make things up, so we'll leave it @ that.... However; I can guarantee you that the Express aren't expecting to or going to fold. The Express do need more help at the Exec level because only having 1 person on the Exec is way too much work for any 1 person.... In saying that, the Express was the only team from the CWJHL to attend both HNL AGMs this year with the intentions of and desire to keep the league in existence. A group from Corner Brook has also began to try and get a team started from that area. With there being a College in Corner Brook this seems like a great possibility and having 4 teams in the league would be MUCH better than 3 like the past few years....
FEW VERY IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER.... There are still fines owed (not by the Express) that MUST be paid before the league can happen. HNL has demoted the CWJHL to a Jr-C league. With that being said there has never been a Jr-C league in NL so there exists no present championship to play for (not a huge deal though). Although the CWJHL was declassified to a Jr-C league, the application to have a NL team represent the province in the Maritime (Atlantic) Jr-C Championships for 2014 was submitted too late by the HNL Jr-Council. With only the Express having representation @ the AGMs the HNL Jr-Council had no choice but to wait until confirmation of the league before requesting acceptance into the Jr-C Maritime (Atlantic) Championships for 2014.
The CWJHL is now declassified to a Jr-C league. Exec from the teams have been in constant communication trying to keep the league alive. Presently there is no Jr-C league Championship, no Jr-C Provincial Championship and there is no possibility to enter the 2014 Maritime (Atlantic) Championship. There are a lot of obstacles in our way to get the league going but we are working tirelessly to come up with the best plan of action... We will all keep everyone updated.....

• Information