Who keeps the mods in check

Suggestions & comments to improve NL Hockey Talk.
newfie35n

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:35 pm

This is my first time back in along while, mainly because of losing interest in this site. the reason I'm losing interest in this site, is because mods can do what they like here & no one to anwser to. Why do a mod have the right to lock a thread , just because they don;t find it interesting or they thinks it is going nowhere. They shouldn't have that right to do this. If someone is here bashing other blogger or player , then lock it . Don't lock it over personal option

Mysterious Unicorn
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:45 pm

newfie35n wrote:This is my first time back in along while, mainly because of losing interest in this site. the reason I'm losing interest in this site, is because mods can do what they like here & no one to anwser to. Why do a mod have the right to lock a thread , just because they don;t find it interesting or they thinks it is going nowhere. They shouldn't have that right to do this. If someone is here bashing other blogger or player , then lock it . Don't lock it over personal option

The thing that annoys me is how disorganized everything is, there's like 2 or 3 threads about the same thing, the mod's should be merging these into 1 thread, and there's a bunch of stupid pointless threads that should be locked and deleted. There's one where a guy is thanking the gm of the caribou's for all he's done, like the guy is reading it. That should not be here if it needs to be on the site at all it should be in the Caribou's forum not in the NL Senior Hockey League thread, this is how message boards are run, for the people who don't frequent message boards. Also this is not a blog, it's a message board and your writting a message.

newfie35n

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:48 pm

Mysterious Unicorn wrote:
newfie35n wrote:This is my first time back in along while, mainly because of losing interest in this site. the reason I'm losing interest in this site, is because mods can do what they like here & no one to anwser to. Why do a mod have the right to lock a thread , just because they don;t find it interesting or they thinks it is going nowhere. They shouldn't have that right to do this. If someone is here bashing other blogger or player , then lock it . Don't lock it over personal option

The thing that annoys me is how disorganized everything is, there's like 2 or 3 threads about the same thing, the mod's should be merging these into 1 thread, and there's a bunch of stupid pointless threads that should be locked and deleted. There's one where a guy is thanking the gm of the caribou's for all he's done, like the guy is reading it. That should not be here if it needs to be on the site at all it should be in the Caribou's forum not in the NL Senior Hockey League thread, this is how message boards are run, for the people who don't frequent message boards. Also this is not a blog, it's a message board and your writting a message.
Are you a mod??

rick

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:05 pm

so newfie35 , who's the mod and where did they lock something for personall reasons?

Mysterious Unicorn

Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:22 pm

newfie35n wrote:

Are you a mod??
No

Silverhawk

Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:21 am

anyone who has an issue with a mod's behavior can contact the two admins of the site... Barry or myself.
Be Loud, Be Herd. Go 'Bous Go
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2012 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2011 Allan Cup Champs
- 2010 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2009 Herder Memorial Champs

CaribousFan

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:34 am

what's wrong with someone wanting to come on here and thank our gm for the stuff he has done, Maybe Mcphee comes on here, I knows he checks this site from time to time, I don't see any harm in it
Caribous Record- 17-5-2= 36 Points= 1st Place- Regular Season Champs
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009-2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2008-2009 Herder Champions
CEC Siren Guy

Mysterious Unicorn

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:36 am

CaribousFan wrote:

what's wrong with someone wanting to come on here and thank our gm for the stuff he has done, Maybe Mcphee comes on here, I knows he checks this site from time to time, I don't see any harm in it
Well put it in the bou's forum there is a bou's link in the west league, this is for the leauge, no one else cares other then bou's fans so that's where it belongs

CaribousFan

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:38 am

Well I care, I am sure others care, If I wanna post or anyone else for that matters, I am going to post it here, How does that sound? :-D
Caribous Record- 17-5-2= 36 Points= 1st Place- Regular Season Champs
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009-2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2008-2009 Herder Champions
CEC Siren Guy

Mysterious Unicorn

Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:28 pm

[quote="CaribousFan"]Well I care, I am sure others care, If I wanna post or anyone else for that matters, I am going to post it here, How does that sound? :-D[/quote

Go ahead, if the mod's had any knowldge of how a message board was run they'd just merge all your posts into the bou's thread

• Information