ALLAN CUP

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
superfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:08 pm

Benji wrote:
hooligan wrote:
rick wrote:they wouldn't pick the cats if they were the only team around.. they probably wouldn't go...........LOL
Let's face it, there's not much love between these two teams and I don't think they would even entertain the thought. IMO there's just to big of a rivalry which is fine.
Certainly a rivalry, no doubt, but plenty of respect between both teams. Good old fashioned rivalry thats good for the game, as for the thought it came very close to being a reality last year. For anyone who don't know a large group of guy's on all teams are good friends off the ice. Lot's of times it's the fans that take it more serious than the players.

...... right on the money there benji .

hockeypap

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:13 am

Tomcod wrote:this post isnt being made to stir the pot... i cant help saying that in my opinion the bous management have made a mistake the last two yearswhen they picked an affilate team ....they havent picked the best players available to them... everyone in senior hockey circles know this...anyway good luck to the bous ceebees on your quest for the allan cup .....the best is here .....
Tomcod,would you like to retract your quote?
2011-2012 Herder Champions
2008-2009 Herder Champs
2009-2010 Herder Champs
2011 ALLAN CUP CHAMPIONS

2011-2012 NLSHL Regular season champs

geno

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:51 am

Tomcod wrote:
tripper wrote:At the beginning of the year when the Bous announced they were going with the CeeBees as the affialiate for the Allan Cup I thought it was a no brainer as they have a stacked roster. I still think they picked up some good players and will represent Newfoundland well. To be honest when the season started with Grand Falls losing the Delaney's, Wadden, and Rodi Short I don't think anyone knew what to expect from the Cats with these holes to fill. Noone knew much about the Cats 3 imports and a team may go through 5 or 6 imports throughout the season as some are let go and as teams fine tune for the playoff run. Fortunately for the Cats all imports proved their worth plus more. And certian players on the Cats were much mroe improved than previous years. One Brandon Nicholas certianly had his best year and I never realized how good he was. Sam Hounsel in my opinon is one of the most underated players in the league not the flashest but gets the job done. Hoffe this year actually concentrated on hockey and not being a goon and was one the top three D in the league. Chad Earle was a rookie so who knew what to expect from him. I think the Cats have the most complete team senior hockey has seen in along time but at the beginning of the year with the loses over the summer I think at the time the Bous made the best decision. Now if you can pick at the end of the year the Cats would be my team to affailate with but the CeeBess have some great players and will represent Nfld well. I think the Cats should go to the Allan Cup next year...
well tripper, i didnt know that a team had to pick an affilate on the beginning of the year & i dont think they have too.. anyway the thing i was wondering is why the bous didnt pick the best players to represent the province?? besides the cats players you mentioned there are many more great players on the cats... players like LAPOINTE, THERIAULT. PHILPOTT, GILL,SIBLEY,BRENT,WHELAN,WELCHER,EARLE, BRENNAN..ANYWAY LOOKS LIKE THEY MISSED THE BOAT AGAIN ... GOOD LUCK AT THE ALLAN CUP ....
well tommycod.....i guess you were just about as wrong as a person could be there now weren't ya bye......and Derek MacPhee was right! And another thing, any team playing in the AC must anounce their afiliate team by DEC 15, very earily in our season wouldnt you say! MacPhee took the best players.
Anyway, da young fellow can take the Cats to the AC next year and you guys wont even need an afiliate team cause you already have all the best players........ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tomcod

Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:16 pm

hey geno ill stick by my previous statements... the cataracts are the best team in newfoundland & everyone who knows anything about hockey know this except you & mcphee lol...

again congts to the ceebees bous team on winning the allan cup ...

Tomcod

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:26 pm

hockeypap wrote:
Tomcod wrote:this post isnt being made to stir the pot... i cant help saying that in my opinion the bous management have made a mistake the last two yearswhen they picked an affilate team ....they havent picked the best players available to them... everyone in senior hockey circles know this...anyway good luck to the bous ceebees on your quest for the allan cup .....the best is here .....
Tomcod,would you like to retract your quote?
hey hockeypap why would i want to retract my quote ??

i stick by my post that the bous management never picked the best players available to them lol...

i watched three games of the allan cup.. the fastest player i saw there was DALE SULLIVAN... having said that i know the speedy cats players would have had a field day skating around those out of shape over weight ex pros lol..
again congts to the CEEBEES bous on their victory ....

canonball

Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:00 pm

Tomcod that we don`t know now do we ... Lets see what happens next year if the Cats do send a team

Tomcod

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:09 pm

canonball wrote:Tomcod that we don`t know now do we ... Lets see what happens next year if the Cats do send a team
hey cannon, i wouldnt have said anything but this geno fellow dont know how to be a good winner lol.. got to be mcphees lackey lol. very little class lol....

• Information