Cataracts Going To Allan Cup

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
Zekie
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:34 am

If what Mr. Glavine was quoted as saying by the Advertiser that 75-85 % of last years team is still in tact that bodes well for a run at the Allan Cup. As was duly noted its wayy to earlier to say who they would pick up but depending on who's in & who's out with 85 % of last years team returning they may not need to pick up much anyways.

CaribousFan

Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:15 am

Zekie wrote:If what Mr. Glavine was quoted as saying by the Advertiser that 75-85 % of last years team is still in tact that bodes well for a run at the Allan Cup. As was duly noted its wayy to earlier to say who they would pick up but depending on who's in & who's out with 85 % of last years team returning they may not need to pick up much anyways.
Not everyone is going to be able to go
Caribous Record- 17-5-2= 36 Points= 1st Place- Regular Season Champs
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009-2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2008-2009 Herder Champions
CEC Siren Guy

canonball

Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:54 pm

Do you really think that the Cats were that much of a team last year that they would not need to pick up players ... We all know that they were a good team but to go to the Allen cup without adding players when it was no cake walk to win the Herder .... I still say that if the Bous were healthy it would have went down to a 7th game with the Bous and the Cats .. But that is hockey and we have to just enjoy what we do have ...

mrKofax

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:35 pm

geno wrote:
CaribousFan wrote:I wonder if the Cats will take any of the Caribous players
LOL......Don't hold ur breath!! :lol: :lol:
Unless I'm mistaken all Caribous are registered as AAA

Zekie

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:13 pm

Hey Cannon my post wasn't intended to be arrogant or cocky. The Cats team you guys played in the last part of last year wasn't the same team that the Ceebee's had to try & contend with. Just ask those guys that went to the Allan Cup with you guys. Sure there will always be a need to tweak a little but not to take half a roster, That was what I meant. Hope it clarifies. Too early to start fightin yet. LOL

canonball

Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: got you Zekie ... I know that you did not mean to be arrogant or cocky but how do you think that the Cats would have played against the team that went to the Allen cup this year ... I don`t think that they would have won but they would have given it a good show

rick

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:37 pm

wouldn't have broken a sweat ............ cats would have won that easily..

CaribousFan

Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:22 am

rick wrote:wouldn't have broken a sweat ............ cats would have won that easily..
Guess again there rick, Guess again :lol:
Caribous Record- 17-5-2= 36 Points= 1st Place- Regular Season Champs
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009-2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2008-2009 Herder Champions
CEC Siren Guy

Gilmour93

Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:24 am

rick wrote:wouldn't have broken a sweat ............ cats would have won that easily..
LOL thanks for the laugh....FIRST thing that the Cats have to do to even think about competing in Allan Cup play is bolster the Defense...besides Lapointe, everyone else would be made to look like a fool....Guys like Travis Brigley, Darren DeShampes, Smyth just to name a few of the team that Bentley had watching on TSN would make Lewis and Hoffe look absolutely ridiculous. Run and Gun hockey will NOT work at the Allan Cup, Pearcey tried that last year and come home with a 0-3 record....Defence first this year and of course MVP Goaltending got the Caribous a 4-0 record....i don't usually entertain your bogus remarks about any of the teams on this blog, but with that comment....you my friend....are out to lunch. The Caribous had a defense that consisted of: Roach/Victor
Chapman/Dyke
French/Kavanaugh
Smith
only guy the Cats have on D to top either of them is Lapointe....lol

catsfan4

Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:37 am

Nick Theriault, Mike Brent are 2 very good d men you could compare to those listed from the caribous allan cup team as well..

sam hounsell isn't too bad either

• Information