The League!

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
The Puck
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:28 pm

If Deer Lake folds is the Cats and Royals going to be permitted in a 5 team province wide league? This would be great and one team wouldn't make the playoffs would be what I would like to see happen.

Tommy

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:51 pm

The Royals could be left without a game of hockey this yr if teams out East dont want to travel all the way across the island...Should be interesting to see if the Cee Bees,Blades,and Bous have interest in coming to Corner Brook.

top cheese

Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:18 am

I think for this league to work they are going to need another entry on the west coast of the province. And more then 4 teams. I cant see them not allowing the royals into the league.

My concern though is how competitive the royals will be with other teams in the league. All the teams in the league have improved greatly and the Royals havent been able to do anything player recruitment wise since this league hasnt been finalized. also with the royals finnicial situation do they have the $$$ to travel

The league needs parity to suceed and the royals need to be competitve immediately with the other teams. I would imagine they will be allowed extra imports maybe 6 to help make them compeitive and keep there costs down.

SHAWN4ROYALS

Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:26 am

i agree top cheese cant see them not giving the royals a game of hockey,it would be hard to say yes to the cats and no to the royals,sure somebody already said in here ivan hapgood said it would happen if dl folded so im thinkin its just a formality

as reported in the western star this morning the royals and wings are joining forces for this season and yes according to dave kearsey wings #24 will be in the red white and blue,IMAGINE THAT lol,so to answer a couple of your questions top cheese the royals should be competitive(with alot of local talent) plus their imports,this could end up beimg a very very competitive hockey club,and im pretty sure ross coates wouldnt be pushing to get in this league if he couldnt afford to travel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just to add there top cheese u say ross coates havent been doing any recruiting etc well nothing could be further from the truth,i havent heard the cats,blades,ceebees make an announcement yet,so does that mean they havent been recruiting????

Tommy

Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:22 am

SHAWN4ROYALS wrote:i agree top cheese cant see them not giving the royals a game of hockey,it would be hard to say yes to the cats and no to the royals,sure somebody already said in here ivan hapgood said it would happen if dl folded so im thinkin its just a formality

as reported in the western star this morning the royals and wings are joining forces for this season and yes according to dave kearsey wings #24 will be in the red white and blue,IMAGINE THAT lol,so to answer a couple of your questions top cheese the royals should be competitive(with alot of local talent) plus their imports,this could end up beimg a very very competitive hockey club,and im pretty sure ross coates wouldnt be pushing to get in this league if he couldnt afford to travel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just to add there top cheese u say ross coates havent been doing any recruiting etc well nothing could be further from the truth,i havent heard the cats,blades,ceebees make an announcement yet,so does that mean they havent been recruiting????

\Shawn this and will be the best situation for both sides to join forces. Maybe next yr the Red Wings can get back to action with both sides joinng together and look to see both sides healthy for next season.

My only concern here is the teams out East like the Cee Bees and Blades gonna travel West..I really think its a no brainer for all partys involved here but we will find out soon enough..

Can u amagine Wings fans and Royals fans cheering together LOL...

herdfromafar

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:29 am

I think this could be tremendous news - I wonder now if the remaining AESHL teams can merge and form a 6th team.

If you had 5 potential opponents in a league you would really only have 1 regular season trip to Corner Brook or at most 2. Corner Brook of course would have huge travel costs but potentially with the teams merged you might increase attendance.

herdfromafar

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:30 am

herdfromafar wrote:I think this could be tremendous news - I wonder now if the remaining AESHL teams can merge and form a 6th team.

If you had 5 potential opponents in a league you would really only have 1 regular season trip to Corner Brook or at most 2. Corner Brook of course would have huge travel costs but potentially with the teams merged you might increase attendance.
I should clarify - its only tremendous as an alternative. I would still rather see Deer Lake remain viablle but if that's not possible at least those players are still in the league.

SHAWN4ROYALS

Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:09 pm

Tommy wrote:
SHAWN4ROYALS wrote:i agree top cheese cant see them not giving the royals a game of hockey,it would be hard to say yes to the cats and no to the royals,sure somebody already said in here ivan hapgood said it would happen if dl folded so im thinkin its just a formality

\Shawn this and will be the best situation for both sides to join forces. Maybe next yr the Red Wings can get back to action with both sides joinng together and look to see both sides healthy for next season.

My only concern here is the teams out East like the Cee Bees and Blades gonna travel West..I really think its a no brainer for all partys involved here but we will find out soon enough..

Can u amagine Wings fans and Royals fans cheering together LOL...
tommy me ole buddy lol this is a great alternative for both sides and i really feel that between both teams and imports the royals could ice a very very competitive team,and yes i hope financially it will be a benefit for both sides and we will have our wcshl back next season,our rivalry was great but getting together can be great also,but as always the fans need to get on board and support the effort by ross and company!!!!!!!

im sure we will see a provincial league as im sure hnl has to take everything into consideration if they want hockey to survive on the island,im pretty sure hnl wants a provincial league and will approve it in a heart beat

and yes tommy we fans gotta come together and cheer together ha ha lol WELCOME ABOARD BUDDY :-D :-D

catsfan96

Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:46 pm

how many imports will be allowed in the new provincial league? any ideas? id like to see 6.
GFW Cataracts 2010/2011 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2013/2014 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2014/2015 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2015/2016 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2016/2017 Allan Cup Champs

Tommy

Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:31 pm

Shawn u Royals fans be thanking the Wings again for hockey late in the yr lol....Had get me dig in..More to follow... :-D

• Information