What going on with the league this year?

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
Marinersfan01
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Hey guys what is going on with the league this yr? Grandfalls never showed up for the games this past weekend! Heard they don't think they are going to be playing this yr now, they don't have the players to ice a team! True or False!
Corner Brook played this past weekend against the Mariners but heard that was only a makeshift team! True or false?
Don't know nothing about the Jets but they have a new website and sponsors and looks like a full team so hopefully things will go well for them!
The Mariners played an impressive 2 games this past weekend with a nice few players returning along with some new faces looks like they have another desent team this yr! Robinson didn't loose a step as well as Tucker, Edgar(Greg) Canning and Shane Hatcher played 2 excellent games in goal for them! Our D was pretty impressive as well with addition of Greg Edgar's brother and Cody Mussuea and Russel McClean. We have a new face I think his name is Mark Bradley I was very impressed with him this past weekend for a big guy he can skate and handle the puck as well looks like he got a rocket of a shot too! He scored a couple of times as well he hit the post with another 3 or 4 rocket shots! Thats my opinion on what i seen this past weekend!
I know its early but time will tell as the yr goes on and hopefully it will!

gillam_09

Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:26 pm

mariners still have a couple players going to be added in the next coming weeks that will make the team that much better, as for the jets im hearing josh white and josh froude are to be suiting up with them the yr. well whitey is in fort mac, hes home on vacay now so unless hes gonna stay home n play jr hockey i dunno how legit that rumour is.

PowerPlay13

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:51 am

Are the cats going to fold or are they playing against PAB this weekend. Just because the Cats can't ice the best team possiable to start the season don't mean they got to not show up for games lol.

Blast97

Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:42 pm

See 13 thats where statements are wrong, they have enough for a team, they have interests from other players, deff enough to beat PAB so thats not why there not playing. They can't find the people (Coach, excetive) and what not to go ahead with this. But trust me there not, not playing because of the talent on there team. Unlike other areas Central has alot more to pick from so there is never a re-build its a reload. And they can take a team over there the weekend and give PAB a beating.

JonWells26

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:38 pm

I do believe cats are home this weekend by the way.. Thats what Ive been hearing.

Marinersfan01

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:45 pm

thats good news there wells! I really didn't want to see a 3 team league ! Please keep us posted on the happenings in your way. Do you know if there is any returning players for you guys this yr? If so who are they?
Does anyone know about the rumour on CB? There is noone on here saying otherwise, so it makes me wonder if it is true.
According to the schedule the Cats are suppose to be home this weekend against the Mariners.

catsfan4

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:29 pm

heard cantwell signed with senior cats..
Last edited by catsfan4 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hockey09

Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:50 pm

If cantwall is signed with the senior cats that is another big blow to there junior team

Gongshow_08

Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:11 am

JonWells26 wrote:I do believe cats are home this weekend by the way.. Thats what Ive been hearing.
Ya there suppose to play home...But do they have a squad ready to go for the weekend? I really hope they do would hate to see the leauge dwindle to a 3 team leauge.

habsalltheway

Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:00 pm

The team is the humber valley junior redwings now according to the paper, and yes that was a makeshift roster the weekend. 10 players were out of the lineup including vincent and a few more strong players. The team hitting the ice this weekend will not be what pab seen last weekend thats for sure

• Information