flyers coach

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
equipment
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:45 pm

i think that some of the lineup decisions,they have made are questionable,and there practices need to be more intense,just my opinion

PurpleandGold

Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:49 pm

Based on the first half Dennis Laing is coach of the year hands down....just my opinion

Fly3rs

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:22 pm

"Equip" as for the lineup decisions do you mean who's in and who's out, or who's on the first line, second line ect ......, or matching lines with the other team?

They must be going something right, after the dismal second period against the royals they came out for the third as a different team!

Practices, what practices ...... they haven't had a practice since the reg season started.

And yes "Purple" if the the flyers make the the playoffs Laing would be a shoe in for coach of the year!

equipment

Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:04 pm

combination ofboth when it comes to lineup,like u said they havent had much in way of pratices,they need to arrange more pratices for ones can attend,give them harder workouts

commandergander

Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:59 pm

Equipment, obviously there is nothing more to complain about or to stir the pot over at this festive time of the year. So, let's look at it. We have a weekend hockey league with people from all over the province - who work during the week - plus imports. The idea of having more practices is not even worth talking about as there is no way to get the lines together. Practice with lines that do not play together - great idea. A new team to the league; so what every other team has had years to do, Coach Laing is supposed to have it all taken care of after a half season. Players who have not played together before. Rolling all lines and trying out new combinations is something a good coach has to do over the course of any year, let alone its first year. I guess this means that the Flyers are officially contenders as we begin to criticize as opposed to congratulate the fast young team for great efforts in a losing cause!
Coach Laing for Coach of the year! no brainer! Garry White for GM of the year! no brainer! Success of the Gander Flyers for Sports Story of the year! no brainer!
Merry Christmas to all and to all Go Flyers Go!

JudgeDredd

Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:12 pm

Not just an issue of seeing which lines work, but which players. Several players had little to no experience playing Senior A hockey this year.

equipment

Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:46 pm

there is players in the lineup all the time,that has zero stats,so why not give other players chance to prove themselves

titan

Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:36 pm

equipment wrote:there is players in the lineup all the time,that has zero stats,so why not give other players chance to prove themselves
If you are referring to Flynn or Keough then I feel this would be a big mistake. Both guys are playing solid d, although not flashy they get the job done game in and game out. It's not always about the score sheet.

equipment

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:36 pm

i agree with you on your comments on those two defence,just saying if given opportunity and ice time,and i dont mean 2 or 3 3o second shifts a game,that there is players out of lineup that could possibly do just as good as some of ones who are in on regular basis

• Information