Allan Cup question

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
herder head

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:20 pm

Will there be teams representing the western provinces at the Allan Cup or will we see only see teams from central and eastern Canada because of travel costs? (it ain't cheap to fly a team from BC or Alberta to NL)

If I was a betting man I'd put money on one of the NL teams winning the title. What you have is essentially two league all star teams (including mainlanders) competing against the other teams.

superfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:34 pm

herder head wrote:Will there be teams representing the western provinces at the Allan Cup or will we see only see teams from central and eastern Canada because of travel costs? (it ain't cheap to fly a team from BC or Alberta to NL)

If I was a betting man I'd put money on one of the NL teams winning the title. What you have is essentially two league all star teams (including mainlanders) competing against the other teams.

I am not a part of the committee , but I understand that there will be teams from the west also

the Bentley Generals are 22 and 1 and they have a very well stacked team in anticipation of the well known caliper of the CWSHL .

I spoke with Terry Ryan who is in contact with many players on the Generals . He tells me that they are curious about the CWSHL .

This tells me that this league has gained a lot of recognition right across the country .

This is a great illustration on the tremendous dedication of all involved .

... and they are all to be commended to the fullest :ymapplause: .

The Bottom Line

Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:21 am

Hockey Canada is well aware too. Now is the perfect time for anyone with a concern about HNL, to contact HC now. With the caliber of hockey in the CWSHL now, Hockey Canada needs to preserve that too for future allan cup reps.

superfan

Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:11 pm

The Bottom Line wrote:Hockey Canada is well aware too. Now is the perfect time for anyone with a concern about HNL, to contact HC now. With the caliber of hockey in the CWSHL now, Hockey Canada needs to preserve that too for future allan cup reps.

Quite right Bottom Line, and thank you for making that point .

HNL/AESHL have an agenda to remove AAA senior hockey here on the rock, and Hockey Canada is fighting to keep it alive .

You are EXACTLY right , we ALL should appeal to Hockey Canada to intervene and put an end to the corruption that is taking place within HNL/AESHL .

Wade

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:56 pm

Bentley Generals are one of five Alberta teams who will playoff for the right to represent Alberta in the Allan Cup.

Whoever qualifies...will end up paying a big travel expense to come to Clarenville and attempt to win an Allan Cup in which the Maritm e teams should be considered overwhelming favorites.

peterpuck

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:27 pm

I would have thought they would have fundraising done by now, I guest they won't know until the finals are over who will be going, can you tell us when that will be. I think your right the Nl and atlantic teams will be strong.

snowstorm

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:29 pm

Wade wrote:Bentley Generals are one of five Alberta teams who will playoff for the right to represent Alberta in the Allan Cup.

Whoever qualifies...will end up paying a big travel expense to come to Clarenville and attempt to win an Allan Cup in which the Maritm e teams should be considered overwhelming favorites.
Same amount as Maritime teams spent to go West

superfan

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:34 pm

snowstorm wrote:
Wade wrote:Bentley Generals are one of five Alberta teams who will playoff for the right to represent Alberta in the Allan Cup.

Exactly right Snowstorm .

.... let it snow

let it snow

let it snow .

Wade

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:44 pm

snowstorm wrote:

No.

The amount of money Albertatea a have spent of travel would tower above what ATL teams have spent.

As for this year specifically, that will depend of what kind of deals can be had on flights & rooms...but...it will actually be MORE than what maritime teams have ever spent to come west for 2 very obvious reasons:

1) Inflation.

2) Martime teams don't have to book their trips in short notice. ATL teams get a full year innadvns de to buy flights/book rooms. This drops costs for them, of course.

Wade

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:49 pm

Another thiing NEWFOUNDLAND teams don't have to pay for us Inter-Provincisl playoff games.

This will be the first time in a long time Alberta won't playoff against Bc...but...the cost of numerous precious infer-provincial series' no doubt still lingers in the bank accounts.

NEWFOUNDLAND...should rightfully playoff against any other Martime teams...but...they don't operate under the means rules as the rest of Canada.

• Information