Poor attendance

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
HockeyOutsider
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:05 am

It is a pity and a shame to see such poor attendance at the games. Since the League re-vamped itself to 4 baymen teams at the expense of the 2 townie teams, there hasn't been a sold out game! It's really pathetic in Corner Brook; there are more silly coloured seats visable than fans. The league would not survive if it wasn't for the imports and the townies who jump on a bus or fly out each weekend. There are not enough local players in any of these towns skilled enough to play on the teams. The teams are broke (except GFW I think) and the league is mismanaged. It will be interesting to see how it will re-invent itself after this season and the hype (or lack of) the Allan Cup is over and forgotten.

geoguy

Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:12 am

HockeyOutsider wrote:It is a pity and a shame to see such poor attendance at the games. Since the League re-vamped itself to 4 baymen teams at the expense of the 2 townie teams, there hasn't been a sold out game! It's really pathetic in Corner Brook; there are more silly coloured seats visable than fans. The league would not survive if it wasn't for the imports and the townies who jump on a bus or fly out each weekend. There are not enough local players in any of these towns skilled enough to play on the teams. The teams are broke (except GFW I think) and the league is mismanaged. It will be interesting to see how it will re-invent itself after this season and the hype (or lack of) the Allan Cup is over and forgotten.
aren't you a positive fellow early in the morning. how many games have you been to in the cwshl for instance?
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

evanpenton

Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:24 am

HockeyOutsider wrote:It is a pity and a shame to see such poor attendance at the games. Since the League re-vamped itself to 4 baymen teams at the expense of the 2 townie teams, there hasn't been a sold out game! It's really pathetic in Corner Brook; there are more silly coloured seats visable than fans. The league would not survive if it wasn't for the imports and the townies who jump on a bus or fly out each weekend. There are not enough local players in any of these towns skilled enough to play on the teams. The teams are broke (except GFW I think) and the league is mismanaged. It will be interesting to see how it will re-invent itself after this season and the hype (or lack of) the Allan Cup is over and forgotten.

Hahaha I have never seen such a desperate attempt to try and make people angry. 4 baymen teams? Nice try bud, I highly doubt you'll get anyone bite on this.
GO CATS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

Tomcod

Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:25 am

Hey outsider, just imagine if the AESHL drew a couple of thousand fans a week lol.. You guys would be beside yourself .. sure you wouldnt need the big payday from the herder farce to stay afloat.. i see the Icecaps arent selling out either , guess the novelty wears off everything .. oh & by the way one townie team ,the ceebees certainly arent a townie team lol... sure you guys turned on your own when you would give mount pearl & the ceebees a game of hockey lol... pitiful .. stay tuned ...

abc123

Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:39 am

Hockey Outsider ...... How many Townies are on the IceCaps team??? How long would they last if they just had "TOWNIES"?????

Bou Who

Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:47 am

evanpenton wrote:Nice try bud, I highly doubt you'll get anyone bite on this.
Not only did they bite but the first one was drawn out in just 20 minutes.

superfan

Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:54 am

Go back down in your bubble .

........ GET !!!!

timbits

Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:59 am

Hahaha baymen teams, GFW is one of the most centrally located towns on the island, and ganders pretty close too. Good try though bud, happy Friday.

FlyersFan2012

Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:01 pm

Hahaha baymen teams. None of these teams are "baymen teams". Every team is in a large center (Clarenville, Gander, GFW, Corner Brook) so I wouldn't consider any of the teams "baymen teams". There may be some players from down the bay somewhere but other than that, no. :lol:
Flyers Fan Since 2012

superfan

Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:09 pm

GFW is looking at a sold out barn this weekend .

• Information